Layers vertically wavey like the origin shifts a little as they go up

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Layers vertically wavey like the origin shifts a little as they go up  

RSS
Big Stinky Cat 3D
(@big-stinky-cat-3d)
Layers vertically wavey like the origin shifts a little as they go up

comparison

Summary: My layers aren't aligned quite right and I can't figure out what to change.

Background:
I got my kit built and tested on 6-Sep and it was printing great. This is my first 3D printer.

Then, a few days ago, I suddenly had a couple of prints go bad and it took a little searching, but I found that the bed temp sensor wire had gotten caught on the frame. 🙁

I free the cable and then had to significantly tighten the y-axis belt and slightly tighten the x-axis before I was able to pass the self test. The y-axis was very loose, but the x-axis actually felt tight, but the lcd said go tighter.

That's when I started to notice the print quality issues. The layers looked good... except that they were sloped or wavey. I thought that maybe I had overly stretched the belt so I replaced the y-axis belt.

As you can see, the new (orange) benchy looks a little drunk. Any ideas on what I can check?original benchy new benchy

Posted : 18/09/2020 1:14 am
Big Stinky Cat 3D
(@big-stinky-cat-3d)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Layers vertically wavey like the origin shifts a little as they go up

While it wasn't 100% the same, I found Neophyl's answer was the same for me. The grub screws on the y-axis were a bit loose. Tightening them fixed the issue.

Posted : 19/09/2020 10:44 pm
Share: