IR Sensor faulty
I received my MK3S+ kit and after assembling I ran all the checks and all OK. Calibrated the bed and ran a couple of test and normal prints. All good. Even benchy came out (close to) perfect 🙂
However, I can't get the filament to auto load and the IR sensor is always showing 0 in the menu, so it's not detecting any filament. I'm using the silver supplied filament in the kit. When I enable it and want to print something with IR sensor enabled it's stuck in the load/unload loop.
I tried the normal troubleshooting from here and everything else I could find in the forum.
- Checked if cable it plugged in correctly at both sides. Triple checked that.
- Removed and Reseated the plugs on both ends. No succes
- Redid cable management to see if no pinched cable.
- Blew out the sensor with air can to remove dust. No result
- When I load filament and look in LCD Menu -> Support -> Sensor info it always shows 0
- Voltage under LCD Menu -> Support -> Voltages shows 5V .. always
- Filament sensor information LCD Menu -> Support -> Fil. Sensor v. shows unknown
- Opened the extruder partly and checked the FS Lever. The lever works perfectly.
Nothing made a difference so I think the sensor was really DOA.
OR.... is there something else I missed.