First Layer Adhesion issue after 100+ successful prints
I have not used my printer in 7 or 8 months. For the first few months of covid, I was printing lots of mask bands. Somewhere between 1200 and 1500 and then all of the sudden, none of the prints would finish without issue. I've done quite a bit of the troubleshooting suggestions and the prints keep coming back like this.
I have updated the firmware and have increased the mesh bed leveling points.
You'll see in the photos that quite a bit of the first layer looks great, but then there are these random streaks of "bubbling". These issues magnify as the layers increase and then the print will just fail. Please let me know if you have any ideas.
I've tried 6 different prints adjusting the Live Z adjust in both direction in increments of .005 and I'm not getting any improvements in either direction.
I think that too much material is extruded. Try reducing the extrusion factor in the PrusaSlicer.
You are to low.(normally it is never the extrusion multiplier)
Clean bed with dish soap, to get the best sticking.
If you lost the z adjustment, do start a few steps higher, or even to high.
Then print a few squares(cubes) on the bed, adjust every cube a little lower, then you find the good height.
That is another possibility. When you over extrude or are too low, your get those waves for the nozzle to hit and knock the print off the plate.
Anything is possible and nothing is set in stone in 3d printing. New surprises and insights are waiting every day. And you never stop learning anyway.
Yup. This a great hobby and business for a retiree. It will keep you mentally fresh and focused on learning.
I plan on retiring from military service in October of 2022. Hopefully. I have the farm running smoothly by then.
This looks exactly like an issue I was having and it was definitely the nozzle being too low. Try goin up in .01 increments until you get in the right zone then if you go too far you can come back down in .005 increments. When I do my initial test print for nozzle height I use one big thin square in the middle of the print bed, you can usually tell if your nozzle height is off about halfway through the print, then start adjusting the Live Z setting while it's printing so you can actually see if your adjustments are making a difference without waiting for the whole square to finish.
Also, regarding bed cleaning...(and this is gonna sound crazy) but I recently made a new discovery. I was having adhesion issues so I cleaned the plate with 91% rubbing alcohol which made it much worse. Then I tried acetone which didn't improve it that much, then I tried spray on brake cleaner fluid and the parts stuck like the day the plate arrived. I also used those disposable blue shop towels (not sure that made a difference). There were definitely some latent oils stuck to the bed that just weren't coming off with the other stuff I tried.
Hope that helps,