Notifications
Clear all

First Benchy! A few problem spots though  

RSS
Pixel Visions
(@pixel-visions)
First Benchy! A few problem spots though

I just printed my first benchy, and a second after correcting the Z adjust to get A flat bottom and test a temp reduction.  Both models have the same small issues, and one major one.  I am printing from the included SD card, and my printer was pre-assembled. Great circle on the chimney, so I don’t think any belts are loose.  Any ideas/recommendations, especially to resolve the big pits in the back on the left side of the plaque?

Pits near plaque on seam

Deformation/blobs on arch
Flat top of windowframe
Zits on wheel
Small pits on hull

Posted : 24/01/2021 12:40 am
Pixel Visions
(@pixel-visions)
Topic starter answered:
RE: First Benchy! A few problem spots though

Huh, none of my pictures posted.  Looking into it.

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Pixel Visions
Posted : 24/01/2021 2:09 am
Robin
(@robin)
Prominent Member

I can‘t see the pictures in your post, but: that sounds very familiar. I had basically the same issues with the benchy from the SD and the filament that came with the printer. Most of the problems disappeared when I used my own g-Code, sliced with the current version of PrusaSlicer, all issues where gone, when I additionally used different filament.

I recommend you try that before wasting more time (like I did) on troubleshooting.

And, yes, the g-Codes on the SD should be up to date and the stock filament should not cause any trouble... but in my case, they weren’t, and it was.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Posted : 24/01/2021 9:18 am
Robin
(@robin)
Prominent Member

See: https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mk3s-mk3-assembly-and-first-prints-troubleshooting/update-small-holes-in-benchy-3d/

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Posted : 24/01/2021 9:20 am
Pixel Visions
(@pixel-visions)
Topic starter answered:

@robin

Thank you so much for the link, I reposted with working pics, but its waiting for moderator approval.  I noticed my file for bench on the sd card was from 2018, while the one that downloaded with prusaslicer was just updated this month, so maybe this gcode will have better results.

Posted : 24/01/2021 10:50 am
Robin liked
Share: