Notifications
Clear all

Cooling Fan Error  

RSS
Fotoman
(@fotoman)
Trusted Member
Cooling Fan Error

So I just had a print cooling fan error. As I move the x axis back and forth the fan kicks in and out.

This is the second time I have had trouble with the wiring. My Pinda wire broke as well, with the same symtoms so I am assuming it is around the same place but I have not yet had time to check and see.

I am going to contact support but wanted the photo below to be ready for them.

Is this a common problem? Do you see something wrong with my wiring? Any help would be appreciated.

Proud owner of a Mk3 that is producing very nice prints. There is room for improvement as I learn more about it, but so far I am very happy.

Posted : 21/05/2018 2:27 am
Fotoman
(@fotoman)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
Re: Cooling Fan Error

Update: I contacted Peter at customer service through the chat and he is sending me not only a new print fan but a new PINDA which I had replaced at my expense when it broke. Thank you Prusa and Peter for the excellent customer service.

Now to find out why it is happening . Peter said everything looked fine, but suggested I loosen the zip ties a bit, but I did that already after the Pinda wire broke. They are tight but I can move them around with my figure. Does anyone know how tight these zip ties should be?

Proud owner of a Mk3 that is producing very nice prints. There is room for improvement as I learn more about it, but so far I am very happy.

Posted : 21/05/2018 11:02 am
thrawn86
(@thrawn86)
Honorable Member

I have a hard time believing that zip tie could be tightened enough to break a stranded wire with that much insulation, but I'd be curious to see what it looks like when you pull the old one out.

Posted : 22/05/2018 1:38 am
Fotoman
(@fotoman)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

I have a hard time believing that zip tie could be tightened enough to break a stranded wire with that much insulation, but I'd be curious to see what it looks like when you pull the old one out.

Curtis;
There was not a mark on the wires. Could not see anything. It was the same with the PINDA wire, no signs of wear at all. For the fan wire I have just cut out most of the wire between close to the connector on the Einsy and the support on the back of the x axis and replaced it with silicone wire. Put it all back together and am printing again. i will use the replacement part Prusa sends me as a backup.

I am just concerned I have had two wires fail in the same place, and don't know why. And other do not appear to have the problem. So what am I doing wrong?

Posted : 22/05/2018 1:47 am
Share: