Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Check Axis Length X  

RSS
Swisscore
(@swisscore)
Check Axis Length X

Hello,

I just finished to mount my mk3s kit and when I try to launch wizzard or belt test I have the same problem ;

"Check Axis Length X"

Now the belt is better tensioned and the carrier can do one time go to the right and after to the right, it come near the X motor and display the error!

I already try :

- Check and change belt tension

- Check if something lock the carrier, but all works

- Check on this link : https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/check-axis-length-x-y-z-mk3-s_134223/ and try already all

- I tried to pass through this error, and I am able to do XYZ calibration, first layer leveling and I already print batman gcode of SD card and now trying to print Bearing gcode on SD card wihtout problem....

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Answer by JoanTabb:

Hi Guillaume, 
did you use the original stainless steel or the matching Igus rods? 

Igus work better on the Igus rods. 
I tried Igus on Stainless, and quickly restored the Standard bearings. 
regards Joan

Posted : 28/10/2020 2:25 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: Check Axis Length X

Post a top down photo of the extruder wire bundle at the extruder, and a photo of the extruder left side.

Other common causes are the screws in the extruder housing near the X-axis bearings are too tight (loosen them a turn). No grease in the bearings (yes, they really do need grease before assembly). 

Posted : 28/10/2020 3:07 pm
Swisscore
(@swisscore)
Topic starter answered:

@tim-m30

Thanks for answer, at first, I added a bit of grease because I changed bearings by igus ones

Here are pictures :

https://ibb.co/8sJDhHj
https://ibb.co/wyJjqKJ

When I do belt test the carrier dont' touch the right side, it stop at around 5cm from the right and go back to the left. After when arriving on the left extremity it display the error

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Swisscore
Posted : 29/10/2020 12:23 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Hi Guillaume, 
did you use the original stainless steel or the matching Igus rods? 

Igus work better on the Igus rods. 
I tried Igus on Stainless, and quickly restored the Standard bearings. 
regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 29/10/2020 4:07 pm
Swisscore
(@swisscore)
Topic starter answered:

@joantabb

This is standard ones, On my MK2s I changed like this but I can try to change for original one and try again

Posted : 29/10/2020 8:31 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Good luck

Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 29/10/2020 8:36 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

And, I don't bother looking at files or images not posted to the Prusa forum; just too risky to surf random third party sites these days.

Posted : 29/10/2020 8:38 pm
Swisscore
(@swisscore)
Topic starter answered:

@tim-m30

Ok but I didn't find to add images, I was searching on top and just see not "Attach file"

Posted : 29/10/2020 8:52 pm
Swisscore
(@swisscore)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks to all, it was just the igus bearing who wasn't working well, now I changed for original Prusa (misumi) and it works!

Posted : 31/10/2020 6:04 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

For the future, simply drag the image into the text window, it will change color and say "add image" or something similar. Then release the mouse button.  Or, you can click the AD MEDIA button just above the formatting tool bar.

Posted : 31/10/2020 7:55 pm
Swisscore
(@swisscore)
Topic starter answered:

@tim-m30

Thanks for your answer, I will try next time

Posted : 01/11/2020 7:40 am
Share: