Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Calibration Failed! Check the axes and run again. [New Build]  

RSS
UK Teacher
(@uk-teacher)
Eminent Member
Calibration Failed! Check the axes and run again. [New Build]

Hi everyone, at a bit of a loss here the printer has completed it's self checks successfully and the head and bed seem to be able to move fine on their axis but the very moment the z reaches the bottom (after the paper has been placed) I get the message above.

Any ideas?

Best Answer by UK Teacher:

Okay then I solved the problem, for some reason it had decided that the top of my z axis was about 5cm from the plate.

The solution was to raise the extruder bar all the way to the very top of the printer then then run the test, ran perfectly from there. 

The error message itself largely refers to the pinda probe, but is fairly ambiguous. 

Posted : 08/04/2020 8:50 am
UK Teacher
(@uk-teacher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Calibration Failed! Check the axes and run again. [New Build]

Okay then I solved the problem, for some reason it had decided that the top of my z axis was about 5cm from the plate.

The solution was to raise the extruder bar all the way to the very top of the printer then then run the test, ran perfectly from there. 

The error message itself largely refers to the pinda probe, but is fairly ambiguous. 

Posted : 08/04/2020 11:02 am
_kronkam liked
cesar.perez
(@cesar-perez)

I had exactly the same issue. I spent a few hours trying to fix it (I thought there was an issue with the PINDA probe or the firmware) until I read your post. I just set the z axis to the top through the configuration menu (z=210) and restarted the calibration. Everything went smoothly.

Thanks mate!

Posted : 08/04/2020 3:24 pm
UK Teacher
(@uk-teacher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@cesar-perez

Glad it helped, hopefully others will be able to find it too 😀

Posted : 08/04/2020 10:21 pm
sanjay.v
(@sanjay-v)
Same Message: Calibration Failed! Check the axes and run again. [Rebuild] but lifting Z axis didnt work

I am having the same issue/message.  Happens at the very first point.  I went to settings and changed my starting Z position to 210.  But it still gives me the same message when I try XYZ Calibration. 

Background is that I was trying to upgrade to the MMU2 (I have an MK3) but I got stuck at the gear change because I stripped the set screw even after repeated heating and soaking in Liquid Wrench for hours.  So I reassembled the old unit back and upgraded the firmware.  The SelfTest passes but XYZ calibration fails on the first calibration point.  I started with the Pinda slightly below the nozzle and then lowered it to where it is almost 1/4" below the print nozzle.  The PINDA always seems to stop at the same depth (1 mm above the paper). Paper moves freely.

Belt Tension reads pretty high: X 281 and Y 268.  What should the numbers be?

When I go to Support and click Check on XYZ Calibration, I get

Y Distance from Min = nanmm for left and right.  Any idea what that means

Slight Skew 0.08 which seems okay

Offset point  (X,Y) is 0,0

Pinda sensor reads 0

Also when I start, I get the message that "MK3S firmware detected on MK3 Printer".

But if I flash to the MK3 settings, I get the reverse message ""MK3 firmware detected on MK3S Printer"

Posted : 04/05/2020 3:08 am
_kronkam
(@_kronkam)

This is what solved my problem. Sent Z axis to highest point, then reran the Z Calibration. Don't ask me why it worked, but it did. 

Posted by: @uk-teacher

Posted : 08/04/2023 8:52 pm
BajaRon
(@bajaron)

Had the exact same problem. All the steps went well until the heatbed calibration step Then 'Failed'. Could not find anything wrong. Tried rebooting 3 times, same results. Came here, read your 'Fix'. Set my Z-Axis manually to 210 and viola! Success without a hitch! Thanks!

Posted : 12/05/2023 2:42 am
Share: