Notifications
Clear all

Broken heatbed cable cover  

RSS
Duncan Blackwell
(@duncan-blackwell)
Broken heatbed cable cover

Hi guys. Just building my MK3S and got to the heated bed section. I placed the cable cover (round hole version) over the cables and started to tighten. Very light pressure only and then a snap. Turned it back over and the part inside of where the screw was located has snapped right off. There is no infill at all where I think there should be. It's completely hollow. Where do I go from here? Really wanted to complete the build this weekend. 

Posted : 29/10/2020 7:50 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: Broken heatbed cable cover
Posted by: @guyver-1

Hi guys. Just building my MK3S and got to the heated bed section. I placed the cable cover (round hole version) over the cables and started to tighten. Very light pressure only and then a snap. Turned it back over and the part inside of where the screw was located has snapped right off. There is no infill at all where I think there should be. It's completely hollow. Where do I go from here? Really wanted to complete the build this weekend. 

I would fix the cover profissorically and print a new one. Prusa offers the STL data for download:

https://www.prusa3d.com/prusa-i3-printable-parts/

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 29/10/2020 8:17 pm
Duncan Blackwell
(@duncan-blackwell)
Topic starter answered:

I managed to cheat a little. I was going to put a longer screw and washer as a temporary fix. But I didn't have a washer. 

I did however have some Bondic Pro and managed to fit it. Super solid fix. The part will be scrapped in the next week though as I'm printing the angled version so it fits in the lack enclosure I'm building. Just have to wait for the PETG filament to turn up. 

Posted : 30/10/2020 11:42 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@guyver-1

Then I wish you good luck 👍 !

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 30/10/2020 11:58 am
Share: