[Solved] Another XYZ Calibration failure
I wished my first message here wouldn't be in the assembly troubleshooting but here I am....
Got my Mk3s kit assembled 3 days ago, and everything turned out quite well.
All the calibration steps were succesful, and I managed to print a few of the files that were on the original SD card.
I quickly realised I had a problem with some of the layers shifting on the X axis, so I tried to tighten the belt a little bit, which proved succesful as I got my first very good print of the dog (buddy) model. So I went on printing the dragon (adalinda), and once again the first half of the print was close to perfect (in my eyes anyway), but suddenly I had several layer shifts on the X axis during the printing of the neck.
So I decided to tighten the belt yet a bit more by this time disasembling it and shorten it a tiny bit.
Put everything back together, and now I can't get past the "wizard". All the first controls work fine, but when it comes to the XYZ calibration (the step with the sheet of paper...), it keeps ending in a failure. I checked almost everything on the printer and on the threads already covering that question, but nothing changes that result.
Tried it with several heights of the PINDA, without success, all the axes are free (and are tested ok in the first steps of the wizard), hotend looks fine in the extruder (and didn't move since first success), checked the PINDA probe, can't find any other idea 🙁
If anyone can help on this, it would be very much appreciated !
Free axes or not, it still sounds like a binding bearing.
Power off and make sure the extruder moves both directions, equally freely.
Same for the table.
Look for zip ties under the table installed upside down or not trimmed. Match the pictures in the manual. Make sure no cables can hit.
Loosen the U Bolts of death until they are snug, but no tighter.
Loosen the bearing holders on the extruder a bit (4 screws).
Oh - and don't tighten your belts more than the "no droop" point. And don't try to match those belt tension numbers.
Thank you for your answer.
I did most of the things on your list already.
Everything moves, no zip or cable in the way...
The only thing I can't do is checking the U bolts as a screw of the bed is stuck and the hex head was damaged by the allen key.
Not sure what the "no droop" thing means, shall I go back and get the belt looser ?
Okay, so to let you know, I went wuccesful in the calibration again.
I got the belt a bit more loose (1 gear), only to realise when I checked the movement of the extruder that the pulley was moving slightly on the X motor's shaft, the screw wasn't tighten enough on the pad of the shaft.
It might be because of the overtension of my previous intervention or it was a bit loose from the very beginning which could explain the layers shift.
So anyway for people who run into the same problem, that might be one thing to check early, cause it's so much easier to fix than doing something on the belt 😀
Running some more impressions now to see if the layer shifts are gone 😉
Critical: the pulley has two screws. Don't just tighten them.
Loosen both. Align one screw with the flat on the shaft. Fully tighten it.
Now tighten the second screw.
If you do it any other way - the will come loose again.
Thank you for taking time to answer again. I wasn't gonna mess with this though once spotted 😉
I ran 3 great prints from the SD card including the vase which is probably the best test for the layer shifting issue, so for now I'm just exctatic about my printer and looking forward for my very own prints 😀
Moving on with the triceratop's skull to try a print with supports atm