Notifications
Clear all

200mm Square PLA G-Code file has some issues  

RSS
rletulle
(@rletulle)
200mm Square PLA G-Code file has some issues

Here is the result of my 200mm square print. FOr a smaller print in the center of the bed, I get a perfect first layer with a Z hieght dialed in a -0.650. I found this through trial and error.

When I print the G code file I got off this forum for a 200mm square for PLA (I am using Prusa PLA Blue), I get the following. A lot of it is perfect, but there are some holes toward the back and some bumbs on the right side. I ahve only done the basic calibration wizard adn the Z-height adjustment.

Should I try to get this perfect? If so, how?

Posted : 28/09/2018 1:25 am
svachalek
(@svachalek)
Re: 200mm Square PLA G-Code file has some issues

I just built my first printer a week ago so I'm no expert but... I wonder if you might have overtightened a couple screws on the heat bed and induced a little curvature?

Posted : 28/09/2018 1:53 am
Robin
(@robin-4)
Estimable Member

It does seem to be at one point more.
You could try and increase the extrusion width of the first layer to get it to fill the gaps.

Posted : 28/09/2018 12:07 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

some folk use measuring equipment and shim the bed,
others use springs or spring washers to adjust the bed

others use the bed level correction option that if in the LCD configuration menu. this allows you to adjust +- 50 micron on front, back and sides of the bed

others rant about how unfair it is that their printer doesn't correct it's self...

there are possibly other options... take your pick...

subtle hint, the last option, doesn't help much on it's own...

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 28/09/2018 3:57 pm
rletulle
(@rletulle)
Topic starter answered:

The built-in adjustment seems like a good place to start.

Can I assume the holes means it is lower and the bumps means it is higher? (or is it the other way around).

Posted : 29/09/2018 12:49 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Hi Raymond, that is correct!

so if you have holes between strands of filament, you need to use -ve correction and if you have ripples you need +ve correction

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 29/09/2018 1:19 am
Share: