Notifications
Clear all

Y Axis Belt Tensioner for MK2/MK2.5/MK2.5S?  

RSS
Derek
(@derek-8)
Eminent Member
Y Axis Belt Tensioner for MK2/MK2.5/MK2.5S?

I have a MK2 that I have since upgraded to the 2.5 and 2.5S.  I have a x-axis belt tensioner that works very well, but I've never seen a y-axis belt tensioner that I thought worked well.  I've tried a few in the past, but they all failed relatively quickly from fatigue and stress.  Does anyone know of any that are robust and work well?  A google search has several hits, but most of them are only for the MK3, or they have no comments or feedback, etc.  Does anyone have one they would recommend?

Best Answer by Clemens M.:

I designed this one - I printed it in PETG with 3 permimeters and 40% infill - the idea is similar to the mechanism of the Prusa Mini for setting the belt tension. It uses 2 M3 screws (18 or 20 mm) with 2 M3 nuts. When starting to set up tension it is necessary to have a parallel slot of about 2 to 3 mm between the two parts.

Spanner_Y-Achse

Best regards, Clemens

Posted : 28/04/2020 4:18 pm
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member
RE: Y Axis Belt Tensioner for MK2/MK2.5/MK2.5S?

I designed this one - I printed it in PETG with 3 permimeters and 40% infill - the idea is similar to the mechanism of the Prusa Mini for setting the belt tension. It uses 2 M3 screws (18 or 20 mm) with 2 M3 nuts. When starting to set up tension it is necessary to have a parallel slot of about 2 to 3 mm between the two parts.

Spanner_Y-Achse

Best regards, Clemens

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 02/06/2020 10:49 am
Derek
(@derek-8)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@clemens-m

Thanks for replying to my question!  I'll try it out and see how it does.

Posted : 02/06/2020 6:18 pm
Poblupuablo
(@poblupuablo)

@clemens-m

i remixed your design https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4843166

Posted : 29/04/2021 2:06 am
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

@poblupuablo

Had a look to your Thingiverse link - good idea!

Best regards, Clemens

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 29/04/2021 9:43 pm
DockGuy
(@dockguy)

@poblupuablo, @clemens-m I love the concept. Simple and elegant.

Have you considered having the piece that wraps around the threaded rod extend to wrap around both front threaded rods? I always thought that the Prusa design squandered an opportunity to use the strength of both threaded rods to hold the tension of the Y belt. Tieing the two rods together with a central block that doubles as the receiver for the idler has always been something I wanted to do to my Mk2.5 but I never go around to it.

Posted : 05/05/2021 4:36 am
Poblupuablo
(@poblupuablo)

@dan-3

I'm working on a massive remix again for my mk2.5s (should work on mk2(s) and 2.5(s))

(Remix of this and some other things, and some newly desined mods)

Sneak peak: http://imgur.com/gallery/84qSf4m

Posted : 05/05/2021 6:24 am
Share: