Notifications
Clear all

EINSY RAMBo motherboard with Trinamic 2130 drivers  

RSS
abel
 abel
(@abel)
EINSY RAMBo motherboard with Trinamic 2130 drivers

have any try to use EINSY RAMBo motherboard with Trinamic 2130 drivers for mk2.5 with 12 volt heatbed?

Posted : 08/09/2018 11:40 am
liam.r
(@liam-r)
Re: EINSY RAMBo motherboard with Trinamic 2130 drivers

Hey

I have a Mk2.5, upgraded from a Mk2s, with TMC 2100 (clone) drivers
it is A LOT quieter!
highly recommend doing it

https://vmod.wordpress.com/prusa-mk2s-ext-driver-board-v2-3/

this mod is done to the main mini-rambo board that came on the Mk2

BiggBoss

Posted : 01/10/2018 10:02 pm
Dave J
(@dave-j)
Trusted Member
RE: EINSY RAMBo motherboard with Trinamic 2130 drivers

I have this mod on my MK2.5S with TMC2208 drivers.

Much quieter, and visibly smoother in operation.

I did have to increase the PSU voltage from 12.2 to 12.5V, as I started having bed temp fails (can't remember the actual error message now) between 1st and 2nd layers, when bed temperature increased from 85 to 90 degc when using PETG.

The 7-segment LED voltage display addition as part of the modification is very useful, and only costs a a couple of £/€ from Ebay.

Cheers,Dave Jackson"Enthralled Nooby (not so much maybe, ~58 years old)... If 3d printers had been around 40 years ago... "

Posted : 07/05/2019 1:56 pm
shaneb
(@shaneb)

@david-j21

can you use your orginal firmware with the tmc2208 drivers ?

Posted : 15/10/2019 9:58 pm
Charles
(@charles-2)

@david-j21

I am curious as to how you increased the PSU voltage.  I have installed this model on my MK2.5S and am having an issue.  I can get the axes to move manually,  but during mesh bed leveling y axis moves are shorter than they should be.  I have stock bearings and vref voltage is set to 0.81 as specified. Also, I modded the firmware to decrease speed on mesh bed leveling as suggested.  Any ideas for things I could try?

Posted : 02/01/2020 4:08 am
Muhammad Ahmed
(@muhammad-ahmed)

While there might not be a widespread consensus on using the EINSY RAMBo motherboard with Trinamic 2130 drivers specifically for the MK2.5 with a 12-volt heatbed, it's not an unheard-of configuration. Some users have experimented with different combinations of motherboards and drivers to achieve specific performance goals or accommodate particular setups.

However, it's crucial to note that compatibility issues might arise, and modifications to the firmware may be necessary to ensure everything works correctly. Additionally, you'll want to ensure that the power requirements and wiring configurations match up appropriately to avoid any potential damage to the components.

If you're considering this setup, it's a good idea to search forums or communities dedicated to 3D printing, as you might find users who have already tried or successfully implemented similar configurations and can offer guidance or insights based on their experiences.

Posted : 24/02/2024 11:46 pm
Share: