Notifications
Clear all

Z calibration failure after upgrade to 9.1  

RSS
yo3ggx
(@yo3ggx)
Z calibration failure after upgrade to 9.1

Hello,

Everything was working ok until the firmware upgrade to 3.9.1-3518 (from 3.7.2). I've done this for the new features available in 3.9.2.

Done a full factory reset after firmware upgrade. The self test is performed without errors, but when Z calibration, after "Searching bed calibration point 1 of 4" and the head going down, as soon as the PINDA is triggered (LED off), I get "Calibration failed! Check the axes and run again."

I really don't know what to do. Now the printer is unusable.

Please advice.

Dan

Posted : 24/12/2020 7:32 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Z calibration failure after upgrade to 9.1

First thing I'd do is log into the online store and contact support via the online chat function. Stay calm. If it worked before, you should be able to get it going again quickly. Support is very good and will work through the problem with you. I believe that 1st test is done with the spring steel sheet removed. You had yours off presumably?

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 24/12/2020 7:37 pm
yo3ggx
(@yo3ggx)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

Hi. Yes, as requested, without the steel sheet. My printer is no more under warranty, I can still contact support? 

Posted : 24/12/2020 7:54 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @yo3ggx

[...] My printer is no more under warranty, I can still contact support? 

You've got nothing to lose by trying! I that doesn't work, probably best to pull up the online pages or the kit assembly and work through the adjustment steps. No idea why it's gone bonkers with the newer firmware. Have you tried rolling back to a previous firmware version or reflashing?

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 24/12/2020 8:24 pm
yo3ggx
(@yo3ggx)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

Didn't tried to revert to an older firmware. I still hope to make it work with the new one.

Posted : 24/12/2020 8:33 pm
Charles Stevens
(@charles-stevens)
RE: Z calibration failure after upgrade to 3.9.3

Hello all

My prusa i3mk3s stopped working. From pronterface I can still communicate to the printer, BUT, Z doesn't want to go down for auto home.

When I switch it off, then move Z down by hand, switch it on again, then I can move Z up and down from the printer control panel. From pronterface it is pointblank refusing to go down, even for auto home. Please can anyone give me advice on how to fix this problem

I have had my printer for about 4 years, no problems sofar

This post was modified 3 years ago by Charles Stevens
Posted : 26/01/2021 3:52 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

I would check the Pinda. 

when the extruder is in mid air, is the LER on, in the top end of the Pinda? 
If you move a spanner or pair of pliers (Any metal should do) close to the Bottom end of the Pinda, does the Light go out?  

Check the Sensor info in the LCD Support menu. does the Pinda display switch from 0 to 1 and back again when the metal is moved near the bottom end of the pinda   If either answer is NO... the chances are that Your Pinda wire is broken. 

In this case I would suggest that you repair the wire for the short term, and order a Super Pinda, when they become available.

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 26/01/2021 9:21 pm
Share: