Self Check produces error - Hot-end heater or thermistor not plugged in after 2.5s upgrade

Notifications
Clear all

Self Check produces error - Hot-end heater or thermistor not plugged in after 2.5s upgrade  

RSS
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-11)

I have come across a very strange error during the self check after applying the (S) upgrade to my 2.5.  After the upgrade I moved to the 3.8.1 firmware for the 2.5s and while doing the system check I get a hotend error saying the hearer and thermistor is not plugged it.  I thought it was odd that after I clicked through and the system was supposed to reboot, it just went back to the info screen.  But there it showed that the hotend actually was heating up and registering it.  

I decided to go through the wiring to make sure all connections where good and seated properly, moving some zip ties around to avoid the connections from the and thermistor coming out of the back of the head.  All seemed good so I ran the test again, and it failed once again.  This time when clicking though and getting back to the info screen I did a preheat to PLA and they printer promptly started to heat up and stopped at the designated 215 degrees.  I loaded some filament, reset the printer and let it cool down.  I am not exactly sure what to do with this, I cannot finish calibration because it does not pass the self test, I have an extra thermistor and heater, but really don't want to change them when there does not seem to be an issue with the current hardware.  Also, I find it odd that the printer says it is gong to reboot after the self test, but does not and drops me back into the info screen.  Would really love to get this machine working again, anyone have some suggestions?

Matt

Posted : 06/04/2020 9:50 pm
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-11)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Self Check produces error - Hot-end heater or thermistor not plugged in after 2.5s upgrade

Just in case someone else has the same issue.  I was able to get the printer running and did a test print, on the second layer the printer error with thermal runaway.  So I let it cool down and have put in a new heater, performed the self test again and now it passes.  I will re-run a test print and if it fails I will update.

Posted : 07/04/2020 5:36 am
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-11)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Self Check produces error - Hot-end heater or thermistor not plugged in after 2.5s upgrade

Well, that didn't work, the moment it started the second layer the heat started dropping and the printer stopped the print without error.  

Posted : 07/04/2020 6:25 am
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-11)
Topic starter answered:

I ended running the PID calibration again and this has fixed the issue.  

Posted : 07/04/2020 11:09 pm
Share: