Notifications
Clear all

Where is the 2.5S upgrade part list?  

RSS
Hiro Protagonist
(@hiro-protagonist)
Where is the 2.5S upgrade part list?

Ugh, I should have just ordered an extra kit when there still was a kit...

Where can I find the list of parts to order to do the 2S to 2.5S upgrade?  I do see that some things are out of stock, like the SuperPINDA of course. I can wait, but where do I get the exact list of parts?

Posted : 22/04/2021 5:59 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
RE: Where is the 2.5S upgrade part list?

If you look through the upgrade guide, it will tell you which parts are required. 

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/guide/4-heatbed-assembly_51736

note there are both Mk2.5 to Mk2.5S upgrade and Mk2 to Mk2.5s upgrade sections, make sure you select the correct one!

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 22/04/2021 9:33 am
Hiro Protagonist
(@hiro-protagonist)
Topic starter answered:

Hmmm, so I have to scrape the whole guide? I swear that they said in a live stream that they'd supply a list when the kit was discontinued. Maybe I should go ask support. I'll post here if I get a useful reply.

Also, has anyone tried sourcing the parts from somewhere other than Prusa? 12V heatbed and PINDA are currently out of stock.

Posted : 22/04/2021 3:33 pm
Hiro Protagonist
(@hiro-protagonist)
Topic starter answered:

Support replied with this list. Doesn't included fasteners, which I don't think Prusa sells for this purpose, so you'd have to find them locally. If you have another Prusa which you built from kit, you may find a lot of small parts in your spares bag.

- Magnets (Large: 20 x 6 x 2 mm Small: 10 x 6 x 2 mm)

- Steel ball

- Bondtech gear set

- Hotend PTFE

- IR sensor

- IR sensor cable

- Noctua fan - SuperPINDA

- Heatbed MK52 12V (cables and thermsitor come with the bed in the e-shop)

- P.I.N.D.A. probe v-cable

- Left hotend fan v-cable

Posted : 22/04/2021 4:00 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

I have a box of assorted fasteners for just such a purpose, ranging from 6mm long to 40mm long,  
Please be aware that the square nuts and the hex nuts are 'thin' varieties

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222404681983?var=521274421704&hash=item33c85a20ff:g:Sn4AAOSwOgdYnPJq

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224027369857?var=523217269382&hash=item3429126181:g:oacAAOSwOXBf7ZWP

I believe the filament sensor uses a 2mm cap screw, the extruded frame uses 
and the heatbed uses 3mm dia countersink screws

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 22/04/2021 5:27 pm
gizmatron
(@gizmatron)
Eminent Member

question related to this as i also missed the kits being discontinued and too late now. So as the only thing i really want is the magnetic bed and its a straight swap onto my mk2S (plus its available) can i just fit it and re-calibrate the xyz axis to compensate for the metal sheet thickness? I'm sure I read the calibration had to be done with just the heated bed and no sheet so is that then compensated for in the updated firmware? or can i just make it work on a straight mk2S?

Posted : 10/05/2021 7:27 pm
Share: