Notifications
Clear all

MK2 -> MK2.5S Upgrade printed parts  

RSS
paul.p7
(@paul-p7)
MK2 -> MK2.5S Upgrade printed parts

Hey everyone,

Hopefully I'm just being a bit thick here and a bit paranoid before pressing the buy button and doing the upgrade. In short, I'm happy with buying it, and hoping that I can then assemble it without too many problems, the big but comes in with the parts that need to be printed.

As my current one has a broken print bed, I can't really print any of the parts, and was wondering if there's somewhere in the e-store that I can buy them, because looking on a local print on demand site, it looks like to print all of them it's going to cost me more than the upgrade itself ! Anyone got a solution that they're somewhere in the shop and I haven't seen them, or had anywhere that can do them for me that isn't going to cost another €100 ?

Thanks

Paul

Posted : 14/01/2020 9:19 am
BillC
(@billc)
Reputable Member
RE: MK2 -> MK2.5S Upgrade printed parts

Paul,

Did you get yourself sorted out? If not, then after you have logged in to your Prusa shop account, you should see this page https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/63-plastic-parts

The fan shroud is already included with the upgrade kit, so you need 13 parts at $3.62 each. 

Alternately, use the world map here on prusaprinters to find  registered user close to you who offers help, and contact them, or post on any or all of the Facebook support groups, but give your general location to help people decide if they can assist (I am in Philippines, so doubt you are local to me - my help would cost you a Prusa Mini in shipping costs).

regards,

Bill

Bill
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Founder member of Philippines Prusa Printer Owners FB Group
Sponsor Pillars of God Academy in Bacoor

Posted : 16/01/2020 12:40 am
paul.p7
(@paul-p7)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks Bill !

I did have a look at those parts, but then got a bit paranoid that they aren't the same ones in the STLs on the upgrade page. Then I considered getting the upgrade and fitting the print bed and then printing the parts with a half assembled machine, until I realised that my son had kindly managed to do something with the extruder too, so the whole thing seems to be broken, it doesn't close anymore or hold any filament ... argh ... so maybe your suggestion of where to get someone else to help me out is the only solution 🙂 Fingers crossed 🙂

Thanks 

Paul

Posted : 16/01/2020 8:58 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

@paul-p7

you could start by saying where you are located

Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 16/01/2020 10:02 am
paul.p7
(@paul-p7)
Topic starter answered:

@joantabb - very good point (doh) thanks. I'm in Munich, Germany

Posted : 16/01/2020 4:07 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Maybe these guys can help you! 

https://munichmakerlab.de/

or these

https://www.maker-space.de/

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 16/01/2020 9:18 pm
Share: