Clear all

TMC2130  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
simon.n2
(@simon-n2)
Eminent Member
Re: TMC2130

This TMC2130 thing is a real dilemma for MK2 owners. Has anyone experimented with a dual voltage setup. Would that allow running MK3 Firmware on an Einsy board?

(Cross posted)

I completed mine yesterday. I now have a Mk3 with the Einsy RAMBo in a Haribo 3030 extrusion frame, running a Mk2.5 12v heated bed with removable sheet. The bed is running off a 12v Mk2S PSU and the rest of the printer is running off a 24v Prusa PSU. Both PSU's are mounted on the frame and because neither is under full load they both stay cool and should last a while. I supply the Einsy with 24v only and switch an external MOSFET board which the 12v PSU is linked to for the bed.

The printer is gorgeous. It is as quiet and well behaved as my Mk3, all the Mk3 features are turned on and I am running the latest 3.1.3 Mk3 firmware and loving the removable steel sheet bed.

Now I just need to wait for the powder coated sheets so I can get two of them for my vouchers and free shipping!

Working out the full Mk3 conversion with the 2.5 bed was well worth it. I wonder if I have the 1st Mk3 Haribo Mod?

🙂

You could also run your heatbed from the 24V supply by limiting the power in firmware.
http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?t=5406

I plan on doing more or less the same. Got an Einsy, the 2.5 upgrade hopefully soon on the way and I will install it on my Haribo.

The "old" Rambo and the Extruder will go back to the "original" printer, or I will do the [url= https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2808408Bear upgrade[/url].

Posted : 27/03/2018 11:22 am
simon.n2
(@simon-n2)
Eminent Member

Someone did it with TMC2100 ! Pretty good job:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Prusai3users/permalink/876272179223931/

https://vmod.wordpress.com/prusa-mk2s-ext-driver-board/

(I planned something like this with TMC2100 myself. I only have to find time for this.)

they did change the firmware. i soldered my wires on the under-side of the board where the stepper motor inputs are broken out, so no software changes required. you don't need to worry about silent mode, as the thing is quiet, just adjust the vref pot on the board. you can use 2130's in non-SPI mode too. there is no need to do anything to firmware or the boards if you can solder (this is a big one) and you can just run with the same firmware like usual. you're just effectively swapping the drivers. you don't need the sensor less homing or back efm/skip detection. silent is nice, and it just works.

The only exception is i used a step up converter to 24v... because motor whine at 12v. i have ones from filastruder, not chineese ones. (2100's)

Hmmm. It does not really work for me. I have a singificant whine, even with 24 VDC. See here: https://shop.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mk2-f23/made-an-external-driver-board-for-rambo-mini-feedb-t14993.html#p73744

The current setting also makes no difference. I'm starting to believe that the Rambo Mini I use for testing is somehow broken.

Posted : 27/03/2018 11:25 am
tobias.k3
(@tobias-k3)
Trusted Member

Where did you order the Einsy Board? Ultimachine?

----------------------------------------------
PRUSA MK2
- Noctua fan 40mm
- MK2/MK3 hybrid extruder

Posted : 27/03/2018 10:28 pm
simon.n2
(@simon-n2)
Eminent Member

You can buy it at Prusa.
https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/mk3-printer-parts/197-einsy-rambo.html

Posted : 27/03/2018 11:01 pm
Olef
 Olef
(@olef)
Prominent Member

I bought from Prusa

Posted : 28/03/2018 12:20 am
tobias.k3
(@tobias-k3)
Trusted Member

Hmmm. When I click on the link, I only see

"There is 1 error
You do not have access to this product."

PRUSA MK2
- Noctua fan 40mm

Posted : 28/03/2018 3:10 pm
tobias.k3
(@tobias-k3)
Trusted Member

"There is 1 error

PRUSA MK2
- Noctua fan 40mm

Posted : 28/03/2018 3:10 pm
simon.n2
(@simon-n2)
Eminent Member

"There is 1 error

That's strange. If you're on the shop page, hover over "3D printer parts" and click on "MK3 printer parts". There you can find the Einsy for 119€. Shipping to Germany is 9€ iirc.

Posted : 29/03/2018 5:14 pm
tobias.k3
(@tobias-k3)
Trusted Member

I thought I leave this here.

The problem with the shop is, that you only see all replacement parts when you ordered a Prusa printer with your logged in account. If you didn't order one (for example when the printer was a gift) you are not allowed to buy many spare parts.

PRUSA MK2
- Noctua fan 40mm

Posted : 30/03/2018 11:21 am
jonathon.b
(@jonathon-b)
Estimable Member

This TMC2130 thing is a real dilemma for MK2 owners. Has anyone experimented with a dual voltage setup. Would that allow running MK3 Firmware on an Einsy board?

(Cross posted)

I completed mine yesterday. I now have a Mk3 with the Einsy RAMBo in a Haribo 3030 extrusion frame, running a Mk2.5 12v heated bed with removable sheet. The bed is running off a 12v Mk2S PSU and the rest of the printer is running off a 24v Prusa PSU. Both PSU's are mounted on the frame and because neither is under full load they both stay cool and should last a while. I supply the Einsy with 24v only and switch an external MOSFET board which the 12v PSU is linked to for the bed.

The printer is gorgeous. It is as quiet and well behaved as my Mk3, all the Mk3 features are turned on and I am running the latest 3.1.3 Mk3 firmware and loving the removable steel sheet bed.

Now I just need to wait for the powder coated sheets so I can get two of them for my vouchers and free shipping!

Working out the full Mk3 conversion with the 2.5 bed was well worth it. I wonder if I have the 1st Mk3 Haribo Mod?

🙂

I have a MK3, over all the features are great and its quiet. I lot of us are experiencing bad inconsistent extrusion making straight walls look terrible, its very disappointing TBH.

also a wavy pattern on prints due to the TMC drivers (so they say).

I'm curious how your finding it? Prusa don't really want to be admitting a problem se were trying to figure it out ruling bit of hardware/software out.

Posted : 30/03/2018 12:41 pm
Olef
 Olef
(@olef)
Prominent Member

I have a MK3, over all the features are great and its quiet. I lot of us are experiencing bad inconsistent extrusion making straight walls look terrible, its very disappointing TBH.

I'm curious how your finding it? Prusa don't really want to be admitting a problem se were trying to figure it out ruling bit of hardware/software out.

I have one of the first few Mk3's built from kit which I received around 20th December, plus the hybrid Haribo Mk3 as mentioned. To be honest I have not seen any real issues like being described here although I am not printing large expanses of smooth vertical walls. I am using current release firmware 3.1.3 on both machines. Both of my Einsy RAMBo's are the version with the daughter board, and I am printing via Raspberry Pi3's USB connected and OctoPi.

Posted : 30/03/2018 3:56 pm
jonathon.b
(@jonathon-b)
Estimable Member

I have one of the first few Mk3's built from kit which I received around 20th December, plus the hybrid Haribo Mk3 as mentioned. To be honest I have not seen any real issues like being described here although I am not printing large expanses of smooth vertical walls. I am using current release firmware 3.1.3 on both machines. Both of my Einsy RAMBo's are the version with the daughter board, and I am printing via Raspberry Pi3's USB connected and OctoPi.

Thanks for the reply, I’m glad to here your having more success than some of us, it’s very frustrating, my other reprap prints great compared to my mk3, I’m gutted tbh. I’ll attach a picture so you can see more what I’m taking about.

Posted : 30/03/2018 4:01 pm
Olef
 Olef
(@olef)
Prominent Member

Thanks for the reply, I’m glad to here your having more success than some of us, it’s very frustrating, my other reprap prints great compared to my mk3, I’m gutted tbh. I’ll attach a picture so you can see more what I’m taking about.

Ouch. Those pics are painful, not surprised you are unhappy. Do you have an stl for the box in the first pic? I have Prusa grey PLA loaded at the moment, I could run one off for comparison?

Posted : 30/03/2018 4:09 pm
jonathon.b
(@jonathon-b)
Estimable Member

that would be great, thanks. its mostly visible with the light shining across the service. its just a 20mm cube scaled to 40mm 1 wall, no infill.

Posted : 30/03/2018 5:41 pm
Olef
 Olef
(@olef)
Prominent Member

My result. Prusa PLA printed at 0.20, sliced with Slic3r PE, all default settings. This was printed on the Mk3 Haribo 12/24v hybrid. F/w 3.1.3 release version unmodified.

Posted : 30/03/2018 11:30 pm
jonathon.b
(@jonathon-b)
Estimable Member

My result. Prusa PLA printed at 0.20, sliced with Slic3r PE, all default settings. This was printed on the Mk3 Haribo 12/24v hybrid. F/w 3.1.3 release version unmodified.

That looks pretty good, thanks for doing that I appreciate it. So there TMC drivers, what board are you using? Did you change much in the firmware? Are are you using mk3 extruder with bondtech gears?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to pinpoint the main differences you and me if that’s ok.

Posted : 31/03/2018 12:03 am
Olef
 Olef
(@olef)
Prominent Member

That looks pretty good, thanks for doing that I appreciate it. So there TMC drivers, what board are you using? Did you change much in the firmware? Are are you using mk3 extruder with bondtech gears?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to pinpoint the main differences you and me if that’s ok.

Ask all you want, happy to help. Board is genuine Einsy 04a bought direct from Prusa. Firmware is stock latest release 3.1.3-245 - no modifications at all. Mk3 extruder with Bondtech gears yes. The only differences on this printer to a std Mk3 are the Haribo 3030 extrusion frame and the Mk2.5 12v heated run by a 12v PSU. Everything else is stock Mk3 and all the parts are printed to the latest R2 revision spec, in PETG printed at 0.20.

Posted : 31/03/2018 12:30 am
jonathon.b
(@jonathon-b)
Estimable Member

Ok thanks 🙂 I can’t see the frame making to much of a difference. I think you have an older version of the einsy maybe than I do, I wonder if there’s any difference’s there.

Starting to run out of ideas now, I’ve been in contact with prusa support, I’m hoping if they can’t fix it over emails and stuff they might swap it for another that is working, at least they may be able to find the cause of the problem for everyone that way

Posted : 31/03/2018 6:34 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: