Live-Z Adjust changing 0.200 mm between prints

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
zachary.w
(@zachary-w)

Greetings. So my printer is working fine and the prints look great. I feel lucky because I'm printing ABS and using support material which I know can be a challenge.

The weird thing I am facing is I will make the same print 3x in a row. Same filament, same climate controlled space, same everything and it seems that every time as the prinit starts the skirt is not sticking to the bed and I need to quickly lower the live z-adjust by at least 0.2mm.

So after 6 prints my adjust is ~-1.200mm.

I'm not sure why this is happening:
Am I removing 0.2mm of bed material (glue) each time? I doubt it
Is the Pinda probe temp drift causing this? (I move the probe up to z=125 before heating the bed before each print)
Is the printer not properly storing the offset?

Welcome your thoughts!
-Zach

Posted : 12/11/2017 6:11 pm
zachary.w
(@zachary-w)
Topic starter answered:
Re: Live-Z Adjust changing 0.200 mm between prints

I've also just cycled power and when I turned on the printer it says "Distance from Tip to bed sensor has not been set yet."

Thats strange because I just competed the xyz calibration...

Posted : 13/11/2017 1:59 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Hi Zachary,
have you completed a "V2 Calibration " print, or the process described in " Life adjust - my way"?

there is a gcode which saves the 'live Z' value to memory

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 13/11/2017 2:38 am
zachary.w
(@zachary-w)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks Joan! I've had ABS loaded so I didn't want to run the calibration in PLA. I can change out the filament and run it.

Thanks again!

Posted : 17/11/2017 4:53 am
Share: