Notifications
Clear all

Firmware 3.0.12-RC2 - MK2 Multi Material, MK2/S & MK1  

RSS
Jakub Dolezal
(@jakub-dolezal)
Member Admin
Firmware 3.0.12-RC2 - MK2 Multi Material, MK2/S & MK1

EDIT: This version is superseded by FW 3.0.12 FINAL, please see http://shop.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mk2-f23/firmware-3-0-12-final-mk2-multi-material-mk2-s-mk1-t5858.html

Hi guys,
we just released a new firmware version 3.0.12-RC2 and here are the most important changes:

MK2 Multi Material, MK2/S and MK1 are supported! No printer is left behind. There is even a special build of MK2 Multi Material with older 10a Rambo in our test lab to ensure all printers are covered 😉

Selftest is fixed for heater/thermistor test. The procedure was failing sometimes now works correctly. Our devs prolonged heating period to safely distinguish between working and faulty printer.

XYZ calibration is now more detailed. In previous versions, the failure of calibration process often ended up with the message "Consult the manual". However, now the printer informs you for example that the first four points are out of reach of the P.I.N.D.A. probe. For debugging purposes, it is also possible to see details of XYZ calibration in printer's menu. (Support -> XYZ cal. details)

Filament unload is using a different sequence. Previously the single material filament unload was started by slight extrusion. We observed issues with some filaments, so in this release, there is no extrusion or ramming prior to the unload.

Full changelog: https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/releases
Download link: http://www.prusa3d.com/drivers
Updated flashing guide: https://prusa3d.dozuki.com/Guide/Upgrading+firmware/66

Note: for questions regarding Multi Material print please use this thread

Happy printing!

Assembly manuals

/ Knowledge Base
The guy behind Prusa assembly manuals...

Posted : 27/06/2017 8:52 am
christophe.p
(@christophe-p)
Member Moderator
Re: Firmware 3.0.12-RC2 - MK2 Multi Material, MK2(S) & MK1

Hi guys,

MK2 Multi Material, MK2(S) and MK1 are supported! No printer is left behind. There is even a special build of MK2 Multi Material with older 10a Rambo in our test lab to ensure all printers are covered 😉

This ! This is what make you so special and awesome ! 🙂

I'm like Jon Snow, I know nothing.

Posted : 27/06/2017 9:39 am
john.m7
(@john-m7)
Eminent Member

I've started getting thermal runaway errors again that I hadn't seen for a few releases.

I've rolled back to May's MK2 release for now.

Anyone lese seeing this ?

Also - does a firmware flash loose PID calibration settings ?

Thanks

J

Posted : 27/06/2017 11:19 am
Jakub Dolezal
(@jakub-dolezal)
Member Admin
Topic starter answered:

I've started getting thermal runaway errors again that I hadn't seen for a few releases.

Hi, those runaway errors are random or in the same situation (heating up vs during print).

Let me know 😉

Assembly manuals

/ Knowledge Base

Posted : 28/06/2017 2:14 pm
john.m7
(@john-m7)
Eminent Member

During Printing - I had them a few months back but some tweaks to the fan cowl and PINDA adjustments sorted it,

Rolled back one release to the May MK2 and they have gone away again ....

J

Posted : 28/06/2017 11:19 pm
Jakub Dolezal
(@jakub-dolezal)
Member Admin
Topic starter answered:

What kind of material and temperature settings are you using? I forwarded your feedback to the firmware developer.

Assembly manuals

/ Knowledge Base

Posted : 30/06/2017 3:47 pm
langph
(@langph)

I too got manythermal runaways on the heated bed, printing ABS at 100 degrees celcius. It started ok, after a certain time, the temperature was dropping. I checked the thermistor and the cable, cable was fine, thermistor was not loose. Sliced with Cura,

Please see enclosed picture. For now I am printing PET, at 90 degrees hotdbed temperature, no problems yet...

Posted : 03/07/2017 2:36 pm
john.m7
(@john-m7)
Eminent Member

What kind of material and temperature settings are you using? I forwarded your feedback to the firmware developer.

It was just stard PLA (rigid Ink) at 215

Its been fine and stable since the roll back

J

Posted : 03/07/2017 3:47 pm
Jakub Dolezal
(@jakub-dolezal)
Member Admin
Topic starter answered:

Guys thanks for the feedback so far, forwarded to the firmware development.

Jakub

Assembly manuals

/ Knowledge Base

Posted : 04/07/2017 9:55 am
fl0PPsy
(@fl0ppsy)
Eminent Member

I've just installed the 3.0.12 firmware thats currently available on the main download page and I've noticed that the e-step value for the extruder isnt stored properly and constantly changes back to the firmware default. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Posted : 25/07/2017 9:48 am
GertL
(@gertl)
Reputable Member

Its removed.
http://www.prusa3d.com/drivers/

Changes in 3.0.12 final:

MM: fixed bug with active beeper during filament loading
M500 gcode now doesn’t store Esteps value to EEPROM preventing weird behaviour when upgrading MK2 to MK2 MM

Maybe it can be put in the start gcode instead.

---
Gert

Posted : 25/07/2017 10:02 am
markus.v
(@markus-v)

I had a problem with 3.0.12
After "pause printing" I try to resume printing, but nothing happen.
I realized after resume, target temperature was set to 0. State was heating (for hours) but printing has not continue.
For me it looks like a firmware bug....

Posted : 30/07/2017 10:36 pm
AJS
 AJS
(@ajs)
Noble Member

I realized after resume, target temperature was set to 0. State was heating (for hours) but printing has not continue.

Marcus,

Was this a pause from the front panel, or from OctoPrint? OctoPrint has a very short (10 sec) timeout set, and if it does not get a response from the printer (e.g. it is paused) it stops everything. Increasing that timeout will allow you more time to do whatever you were intending to do.

Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss. If you solve your problem, please post the solution…

Posted : 30/07/2017 10:57 pm
markus.v
(@markus-v)

Marcus,

Was this a pause from the front panel, or from OctoPrint? OctoPrint has a very short (10 sec) timeout set, and if it does not get a response from the printer (e.g. it is paused) it stops everything. Increasing that timeout will allow you more time to do whatever you were intending to do.

Paused by front panel, i tryed several times, sometime it works, sometime not....
I don't know what's the problem is, but target temperature for the nozzle = 0 looks strange....

Posted : 30/07/2017 11:36 pm
andy.v
(@andy-v)

Posting here because it seems it may be related to an earlier post.

I am trying printing with ABS for the first time so decided to upgrade to 3.0.12 but now have a really odd problem with Z offset. If I print a part (sliced in S3D) then I can dial in a Live Z offset of say -0.400 and get an OK print. However, when I print it again I now have to dial another -0.400 into the Z offset (so it is now at -0.800). It looks like the Z offset in firmware is perhaps getting cleared for some reason but the display is still showing the offset. What makes this odd is dialling in the extra 0.400 only has the expected effect and doesn't bury the hot end into the bed by moving the displayed -0.800.

In understanding this, it doesnt really help that the firmware (presumably) is stopping Pronterface setting a negative Z offset so I can really only use Z Live to approach this.

I am on the point of going back the .10 firmware since this has given me many hours of repeatable results, but I a keen to hear any thoughts

Thanks

Andy

Posted : 17/08/2017 9:39 pm
Ido
 Ido
(@ido)
Trusted Member

Posting here because it seems it may be related to an earlier post.

I am trying printing with ABS for the first time so decided to upgrade to 3.0.12 but now have a really odd problem with Z offset. If I print a part (sliced in S3D) then I can dial in a Live Z offset of say -0.400 and get an OK print. However, when I print it again I now have to dial another -0.400 into the Z offset (so it is now at -0.800). It looks like the Z offset in firmware is perhaps getting cleared for some reason but the display is still showing the offset. What makes this odd is dialling in the extra 0.400 only has the expected effect and doesn't bury the hot end into the bed by moving the displayed -0.800.

In understanding this, it doesnt really help that the firmware (presumably) is stopping Pronterface setting a negative Z offset so I can really only use Z Live to approach this.

I am on the point of going back the .10 firmware since this has given me many hours of repeatable results, but I a keen to hear any thoughts

Thanks

Andy

This is probably something else, heat influences the PINDA probe. I am guessing when you're printing the second time the nozzle is right above the bed at its home position. waiting for the print job to start. The bed heated the pinda probe so you need to adjust the Z value.
Try moving the nozzle at z=70 after each print (I added this to my slicer to add), your live Z adjust should be the same for each print now.

Posted : 24/08/2017 9:58 pm
Jakub Dolezal
(@jakub-dolezal)
Member Admin
Topic starter answered:
Re: Firmware 3.0.12-RC2 - MK2 Multi Material, MK2/S & MK1

This version is superseded by FW 3.0.12 FINAL, please see http://shop.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mk2-f23/firmware-3-0-12-final-mk2-multi-material-mk2-s-mk1-t5858.html

Assembly manuals

/ Knowledge Base

Posted : 14/09/2017 11:54 am
Share: