Anyone tried the new pause print Gcode (M601/M602)

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
hallonhatt
(@hallonhatt)

I tried setting up my OctoPrint with some "GCODE scripts" to improve pause and resuming of prints.

In the OctoPrint settings, on "After print job is paused" I put the M601 (Pause print),
and on "Before print job is resumed" I put M602 (Resume print).

The M601 works perfectly, when I pause the print in OctoPrint it moves the extruder up and away and turns of the heating. The M602 command on the other hand seems to be completely ignored (but I receive an "ok"). When resuming in OctoPrint the print resumes with a turned of nozzle extruding plastic in mid air until the cold extrusion prevention kicks in.

1. Has anyone tried these Gcodes with another setup or gotten it to work with OctoPrint?
2. Any idea what is causing my problem, OctoPrint, printer firmware or combination?
3. Is there any Gcode command to force OctoPrint to wait until M602 is finished with resuming the temperature and position?

Posted : 30/05/2017 5:33 pm
hallonhatt
(@hallonhatt)
Topic starter answered:
Re: Anyone tried the new pause print Gcode (M601/M602)

I think I have solved it by adding a G4 P5000 ; (dwell for 5 seconds) after the M602 😀

So for anyone interested my OctoPrint GCODE Scripts are now:

After print job is paused:

M601 ; pause print

Before print job is resumed:

M602 ; Resume print
G4 P5000 ; Dwell

Posted : 31/05/2017 8:52 am
You liked
LDoubleE
(@ldoublee)
Eminent Member

I'm looking to build a filament run out sensor and just started looking at the pause options. How do the commands you've used differ from M600?

Posted : 02/06/2017 10:49 pm
Boby
 Boby
(@boby)

@lee.f:

Improved pause print:

Pause print procedure is now suitable for long pauses. New pause print procedure contains seting nozzle target temperature to zero, moving extruder to pause print position and turning off print fan. When nozzle cools down nozzle fan is also turned off and printer remains silent during pause. Heatbed remains heated during pause print to maintain good attachement between printed object and heatbed.
In pause position heatbed with printed object is moved foward to make printed object accessible.
When print is resumed, previous print settings (fan speed and feemultiply, nozzle target temperature) are restored. Time when the printer is paused is not counted to print time statistics.
For remote control with host software devices, it is possible to pause and resume print with dedicated gcodes:

M601 - pause print
M602 - resume print

https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/releases

Posted : 23/06/2017 10:34 pm
LDoubleE
(@ldoublee)
Eminent Member

Thanks. Does the speaker still beep?

Posted : 23/06/2017 10:43 pm
Boby
 Boby
(@boby)

Nope, but just add a M300 command and you get your beep:
http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M300:_Play_beep_sound

Posted : 24/06/2017 1:11 am
LDoubleE
(@ldoublee)
Eminent Member

I hated the beep 😀 I have a filament run out sensor, i'll try these new codes in octoprint tomorrow. Do you have to add them to the list of long running commands to stop octoprint timing out?

Posted : 24/06/2017 1:23 am
Share: