Notifications
Clear all

Both Idler and Extruder motors clicking / skipping filament  

RSS
prus-19
(@prus-19)
Both Idler and Extruder motors clicking / skipping filament

Hi,

I loaded filament in slot 1 only, and then tried to load the extruder with it. Result is that both the extruder and the idler motors make clicking sounds, filament is pressed out of the nozzle is not smooth. The whole idler top is hopping, and the filament after it looks like mice had their teeth on it.

I made then a few tests. First I removed the data cable of the MMU and the tube between MMU and extruder, feed the filament directly into the extruder similar like a setup without MMU. Works fine, extruder properly pulls the filament without issues. Then I tried the same but with the tube attached to the extruder, pull the filament through the tube, also fine. Then I tried just the MMU pulling the filament - removed the buffer. Also no issue, MMU pulls the filament just fine. Then I attached the tube to MMU again and plugged in the MMU data cable. Now the whole setup, but without buffer. And again, both idler and extruder clicking and hopping. It almost looks like they are not in sync, like they are running at different speeds. Or what else could this be?

I have to add that I am very frustrated with the MMU2S. Both the MK3S and the MMU2S are advertised in the same promising way. The MK3S kit works just fine. The MMU2S kit seems to be in pre alpha state...and this only becomes obvious after reading the forum.

Posted : 05/09/2019 1:22 pm
prus-19
(@prus-19)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Both Idler and Extruder motors clicking / skipping filament

Wrong forum….Ill re-post in Original Prusa i3 MK2.5S & MK2.5, sorry

Posted : 05/09/2019 1:29 pm
Share: