Notifications
Clear all

Not sticking PETG  

RSS
Roderunner
(@roderunner)
Not sticking PETG

I am getting inconsistent issues with the prints sticking to the bed. Ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Posted : 21/11/2020 8:29 pm
Lize
 Lize
(@lize)
Estimable Member
RE: Not sticking PETG

Your Live Z may need adjusting, PLA is more forgiving and the problem can be exaggerated with PETG.  Bit difficult to tell from the photo but looks like the nozzle may be dragging it.

I'd print some calibration squares in PLA to check/adjust then redo the same for PETG, it may need slight alteration.  Write down each value and then its easy to change when swapping filaments.

Also, use dish soap and water to clean the sheet.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Lize
Posted : 21/11/2020 8:40 pm
Roderunner
(@roderunner)
Topic starter answered:

Thank you. I will try that again. Is there any chance it is my nozzle?

Posted : 21/11/2020 8:48 pm
Lize liked
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@roderunner

if the nozzle is not excessively worn or damaged, I don't think this is the reason. Here is an interesting article about Live Z-adjust:

https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mk3s-mk3-assembly-and-first-prints-troubleshooting/life-adjust-z-my-way/

Before every print it is also essential that the printing bed is clean and free of any grease. The easiest way to do this is to clean it with degreasing soap and warm water.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 21/11/2020 9:32 pm
Lize liked
Share: