xyz calibration failed please consult the manual

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
steve.c18
(@steve-c18)

after 8 months of great printing all of a sudden in the middle of the last print the layers started shifting. in trying to correct this i found...

one of the bearrings on the motor side of the x axis had fallen out of the orange printed part. i corrected this but the issue remained.

i then tried sending to home position and that worked fine

tried running the wizzard and it passed all end stops hotend and bed. however it continues to fail the calibration.

tested for wire breakage in the pinda passed

i did the factory reset and repreformed the wizzard and still fails the calibration

Posted : 13/05/2019 7:48 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: xyz calibration failed please consult the manual

Sticky bearings and / or things catching the PS or Einsy case can cause issues.  Also, might help to explain what part of the cal is failing.

Posted : 13/05/2019 11:46 pm
steve.c18
(@steve-c18)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks for the response, I got through to the chat help and they had me tighten the x-axis belt and resolved the issue. 

Thanks again for the help 

Posted : 14/05/2019 12:37 am
steve.c18
(@steve-c18)
Topic starter answered:

so i was still having trouble  with the layers shifting and i kept thinking about what you said about catching and that helped me track down the final issue. it seems that the set screws on the x-axis motor pulley backed out slightly and were causing some free play. the printed parts are coming out straight now. thanks for the help and may all your prints be perfect.

Posted : 15/05/2019 12:40 am
Share: