Notifications
Clear all

Replacement LCD 2004A  

RSS
rich110
(@rich110)
Replacement LCD 2004A

Hi,
After having used my original MK2S LCD for my MK3 upgrade, I bought a cheap 2004A display as a replacement to get the MK2S up and running again.After hooking it all back together, the LCD only displays a solid light background - not line and no text. I can however hear the sound "beeps" when the rotary button is pressed.
My question... should a 2004A LCD work on the original MK2S "out of the box" or do I need to edit the original firmware settings?
Cheers,
Rich

Posted : 03/01/2019 5:54 am
BillC
(@billc)
Reputable Member
Re: Replacement LCD 2004A

It should work but some 2004A have cables connectors in a different configuration to Prusa requirements. Check the position of each cable in the Rambo and on the Screen are they in the correct order, and then check the location of the red stripe at both ends. You may need to cut a second slot in the screen connector socket to change the orientation, or cut/file off the protrusion on the male connector.

Bill
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Founder member of Philippines Prusa Printer Owners FB Group
Sponsor Pillars of God Academy in Bacoor

Posted : 03/01/2019 6:24 am
rich110
(@rich110)
Topic starter answered:
*SOLVED* Re: Replacement LCD 2004A

@Bill
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've solved the problem...
After googling some 2004A LCD images online, I noticed that there is a contrast adjustment pot on the backside of the board. After turning the pot, the display menu text come into view. Turns out that the contrast was simply set way too high.
Cheers,
Rich

Posted : 03/01/2019 7:00 am
Share: