Clear all

Strange Slicer Results  

RSS
les.b4
(@les-b4)
Eminent Member
Strange Slicer Results

Hi All,

Noticed a strange behaviour from Prusa Slicer(latest version). When i sliced it the model with the extension i forgot to add supports

and when it came to printing that part it tried to print it in fresh air. Any other models where i had a similar protrusion and no support it always built it

out from the already printed material. Is this a normal procedure. Easily fixed by adding supports but thought this behaviour very strange.

Comments welcome.

Thanks

Les

Posted : 22/01/2021 6:48 pm
les.b4
(@les-b4)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Strange Slicer Results

Something i dont follow is, when viewing gcode preview v2.3 and move the slider from bottom to top what am i seeing.

With the old prusa Control gcode viewer it showed it layer by layer.

With the model i see strange behaviour when i use Prusa Control gcode viewer and move the slider i can see the layer by layer and then

at some stage i see it wanting to print something detached from the model so if support isnt present it prints in fresh air.

I dont see this behaviour in the latest(2.3) gcode viewer.

Can anyone please explain.

Thanks

Les

P.S What i am seeing in the Old prusa Control gcode viewer is what i get when printing with no supports.

Very strange i cant upload a .mf file to the forum.

Posted : 22/01/2021 11:20 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

Zip up files to attach.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 22/01/2021 11:34 pm
les.b4
(@les-b4)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

Thanks for replying. Attached is the model i tried printing,part in question has the cylinder like extension.

Les

Attachment removed
Posted : 23/01/2021 7:30 am
Share: