Clear all

Firmware 3.1.0 FINAL for Prusa i3 MK2/S/MMU  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
Jakub Dolezal
(@jakub-dolezal)
Member Admin
Firmware 3.1.0 FINAL for Prusa i3 MK2/S/MMU

UPDATE: Josef posted an article regarding the new firmware on Prusaprinters.org, see the link below.

Hi,
Firmware 3.1.0 reached its final stage! It is a stable release and it is already available for download on our official download page: https://www.prusa3d.com/drivers/

An article with detailed description will come later this week. is posted on Prusaprinters.org

Let me just recap all the new features and fixes we've added:
- Linear Advance
- Wizard
- Host keep alive messages
- Sorting files in SD card menu
- Check if file is complete
- First layer calibration
- Auto power mode
- XYZ calibration details menu fixed
- PID calibration safety check
- M220: Speed factor
- Saving E steps per mm to EEPROM fixed
- Improved "Print from SD" menu

For previous versions, please visit following links:
FW 3.1.0-RC2
FW 3.1.0-RC1

Supported printers:
This firmware supports Prusa i3 MK2/S/MMU

Download link: https://www.prusa3d.com/drivers/
Updated flashing guide: http://manual.prusa3d.com/Guide/Upgrading+firmware+v1.1/66
Full changelog: https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/releases/tag/v3.1.0

As always, we wish you happy printing and look forward to your feedback! 😉

Assembly manuals

/ Knowledge Base
The guy behind Prusa assembly manuals...

Posted : 16/11/2017 8:09 am
Knickohr
(@knickohr)
Member Moderator
Re: Firmware 3.1.0 FINAL for Prusa i3 MK2/S/MMU

Can you explain this :

Saving E steps per mm to EEPROM fixed

Are E-steps now saved or not ?

Thomas

Posted : 16/11/2017 9:17 am
Jakub Dolezal
(@jakub-dolezal)
Member Admin
Topic starter answered:

Hi Thomas,
there was some problem with overwriting the E steps as far as I remember. Anyway just asked the main FW developer and it is fixed and working as usual 😉

Assembly manuals

/ Knowledge Base

Posted : 16/11/2017 11:59 am
ron
 ron
(@ron)
Estimable Member

I second Linear Advance to be the feature of the year! 😀 😀 😀
And thank you Sebastian.

Could you better explain "Auto Power" mode? I read Auto power mode

This is new mode for setting stepper currents which lies between silent mode and high power mode. In auto power mode, stepper currents depends on Z coordinate. They are low when Z coordinate is low and progressively enlarges during print with rising Z coordinate (when Z coordinate is higher, there is higher risk of layer shift/skipped steps, because of higher printed object mass).
How the printer handle the power. It is with the length of filament, the height of the Z only, ... What is the slope?

Posted : 17/11/2017 10:28 am
ggg
 ggg
(@ggg)

i got message:

avrdude.exe: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified. avrdude.exe: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid. avrdude.exe: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail avrdude.exe: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port avrdude.exe: ser_recv(): read error: The handle is invalid. avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude.exe: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail avrdude.exe: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port avrdude.exe: ser_recv(): read error: The handle is invalid. avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude.exe: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail avrdude.exe: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port avrdude.exe: ser_recv(): read error: The handle is invalid. avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude.exe: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail avrdude.exe: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port avrdude.exe: ser_recv(): read error: The handle is invalid. avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude.exe: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail avrdude.exe: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port avrdude.exe: ser_recv(): read error: The handle is invalid. avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude.exe: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail avrdude.exe: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port avrdude.exe: ser_recv(): read error: The handle is invalid. avrdude.exe: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude.exe: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Posted : 18/11/2017 3:36 pm
alexander.s27
(@alexander-s27)
Estimable Member

Seems I am to dump for that.
I really am happy with the new firmware and the lin advance function in special and my prints come out pretty well.
But still, could anyone explain what the speed factor M220 is for and how to use it?
I am with S3D and the official provided post-script which reduces jerks and speeds where neccessary.
Maybe I do not need that M220 at all....

Posted : 21/11/2017 5:58 pm
JeffJordan
(@jeffjordan)
Member Moderator

An article with detailed description will come later this week. For now, let me just recap all the new features and fixes we've added:
still looking forward about the article with the detailed description 🙄

dem inscheniör is' nix zu schwör...

Posted : 21/11/2017 8:17 pm
Jakub Dolezal
(@jakub-dolezal)
Member Admin
Topic starter answered:

Hi Jeff,
the article is already on the Prusaprinters.org, fist post updated 😉

Assembly manuals

/ Knowledge Base

Posted : 22/11/2017 3:34 pm
alexander.s27
(@alexander-s27)
Estimable Member

Yeah, thats fine, and I already read it.
And still the M220 speed factor, altough it is mentioned as such, is not further explained.

But to be honest, I am already very happy with the software and my print quality.
I am just curious what this M220 command really does.
Googling it brought me not further, though...

Posted : 22/11/2017 6:27 pm
JeffJordan
(@jeffjordan)
Member Moderator

Yeah, thats fine, and I already read it.
And still the M220 speed factor, altough it is mentioned as such, is not further explained.
it's described here quite precise.

@jakub.d: thanks for the hint and link to the prusaprinters.org post from josef.

but I'm still missing how to use the linear advance option. is it simply done by adding M900 K30 into my start script ? do I need to increase printing speed settings for the filament I use (when not operating with slic3r and presets -> I'm an s3d user) ? do I need to change the overlap value when printing with linear advance... or is it completely discarded ?
do I need to change acceleration settings as well ? if so, which and which are the recommended values for x,y,z and e ?

there are still a lot of questions about the linear advance options unanswered.

dem inscheniör is' nix zu schwör...

Posted : 22/11/2017 6:46 pm
alexander.s27
(@alexander-s27)
Estimable Member

Thank you for the link.
And still I already read this one but as already mentioned not am able to comprehend
what speed there is to be overidden and of what use it is for.
I really may be to dumb for, sorry.

With the lin advance function I may be of help for your questions, though.
Here is a pretty thorough description https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/releases/tag/v3.1.0-RC1
And here http://marlinfw.org/docs/features/lin_advance.html
Here, somewhere in the middle https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/issues/75
you can find a picture and Link to the k-line test file....
And it really works pretty well.
For me I had to do no changes at all with ovelaps, just shut off all the retraction and coasting settings except the basic retraction cut to half length.
Just add
M900 K40 (PETG)
in your start code.
K30 for Pla

Posted : 22/11/2017 7:59 pm
freedom2000
(@freedom2000)

Hi,

I received the mail from Joseph this morning and I immediatly updated my firmware on my i3 Mk2s and the drivers.
It works, new features are there (file sorting, etc...)
But I can't get it work properly. If I stop printing from the menu, the head still keeps on moving and usualy gets outside the limits on X or Y axis...

I have re installed the previous version and it works...

Any idea of the problem ?
Am I alone with this bug ?

Regards
JP

Posted : 25/11/2017 9:10 pm
alexander.s27
(@alexander-s27)
Estimable Member

That strikes me odd. I have been with RC1, and RC2 and now the final version which works pretty well.
I already used "pause" and even "stop printing" without any issues.
I take it you are printing from SD-Card?
I would crap my previous download-file, download it anew and flash it again.
MK1 according to here https://www.prusa3d.com/drivers/ seems not to be supported.

Posted : 26/11/2017 2:36 pm
Keith Applegarth
(@keith-applegarth)

I just finished a print, and all was well. I did the firmware update, then started seeing comm errors, resend line, etc... Repetier would connect, then disconnect. Could not even start a print. Reverted back to the 3.0.12 and back to normal. Is there a checksum for the download?

I am thinking that I cannot be the only one with this error...
K

Posted : 27/11/2017 12:59 am
GertL
(@gertl)
Reputable Member

Could it be related to this thread ? https://shop.prusa3d.com/forum/software-f13/checksum-mismatch-t6214.html#p43543
I had issues with Octoprint running the RC1 and 2 of 3.1.0,

---
Gert

Posted : 27/11/2017 8:20 am
Keith Applegarth
(@keith-applegarth)

I captured the error message after the firmware update to 3.1.0:
18:38:17.047 : Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 0
18:38:17.047 : Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 0

It then disconnects. I revert back to the 3.0.12 and it is back to working... Am I missing something.

aka

Posted : 29/11/2017 3:22 am
Keith Applegarth
(@keith-applegarth)

I captured the error message after the firmware update to 3.1.0:
18:38:17.047 : Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 0
18:38:17.047 : Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 0

It then disconnects. I revert back to the 3.0.12 and it is back to working... Am I missing something? ❓

Posted : 29/11/2017 3:24 am
GertL
(@gertl)
Reputable Member

EDIT: One other thought (this was a firmware fault I reported over 6 months ago...) OctoPi settings/Serial Connection/Advanced Options/Simulate an additional OK for resend requests - make sure you have ticked the box.

I have not got the issue again after changing above in Octoprint.

---
Gert

Posted : 29/11/2017 9:51 am
mark.k6
(@mark-k6)

No serial ports showing up on Windows 10 in the Firmware updater, even with many presses of the rescan button. Ports show up fine in Device Manager, and Pronterface shows the ports and connects fine (as does S3D). Any ideas what to try?

Posted : 29/11/2017 5:42 pm
Reprapper
(@reprapper)

How do I get the source code to compile an exact copy of the Prusa 3.1.0 Firmware which is available from the Prusa website drivers section as downloadable hex files? I would like to use this as the basis for my own modifications, however the Prusa 3.1.0 firmware code on Github contains many optional features which are commented out by default. I know that some of these are implemented in the distributed hex files, for example Thermal Runaway Protection. Is there a source file that exactly reflects the distributed version or at least a comprehensive list of the options actually implemented by Prusa? I am a new user of Github so may be missing something obvious.

Posted : 29/11/2017 5:58 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: