Notifications
Clear all

Printing at an angle  

RSS
JoeFernandes
(@joefernandes)
Printing at an angle

Hello, I recently found out that my beloved i3 MK1 is printing with an angle on Y axis. Could anyone suggest any solution please? Everything seems tight enough. I attach a picture for better understanding about whats going on.

Posted : 08/10/2019 10:21 am
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: Printing at an angle

I don't own a MK1, but Y-axis bearings too tight, or calibration data is corrupt are two possibilities. 

Posted : 11/10/2019 9:52 am
Zoltan
(@zoltan)
Member Moderator

Did it happen with several prints or only once? Once could be the model laid down in slicer not perpendiculary on print bed.

Did you do anything with the printer between tha last regular and first irregular print?

even an old man can learn new things 🙂
Standard I3 mk3s, MMU2S, Prusa Enclosure, Fusion 360, PrusaSlicer, Windows 10
PRUSA MINI+ Prusalink + Prusa Connect

Posted : 11/10/2019 6:54 pm
JoeFernandes
(@joefernandes)
Topic starter answered:

Its a long term issue. I kind of believe I got this problem for years actually but I was somehow tolerating it until now. My best guess is that I got an angle between Z and Y axis on threaded rod and Z "metal profile" still no idea how to fix it tho, since its held by 3 screews on each side which are tight enough. 

Posted : 12/10/2019 5:54 pm
Zoltan
(@zoltan)
Member Moderator

Are you sure it is due to the angle of the Z axis. Are you able to see or measure the angle between the printing bed and the Z axis? Theoreticaly this angle can be also created when the forward and backward steps along Y axis are different - lose tighten belt or lose bearing of Y motor problem?. What is the angle of the cube model you rpint out?

Can you try to print a simple circle at about 10 cm diameter 1 mm height ?From this you will see whether the forward and backward Y movement is proportional so there is not a belt problem.

even an old man can learn new things 🙂
Standard I3 mk3s, MMU2S, Prusa Enclosure, Fusion 360, PrusaSlicer, Windows 10
PRUSA MINI+ Prusalink + Prusa Connect

Posted : 13/10/2019 12:01 pm
Share: