Clear all

What is this printing problem called?  

Active Member
What is this printing problem called?

Not sure what this problem is called. I have printed many successful Benchy models from this file so I know it isn't a slicer setting problem. My mini plus suddenly started having printing issues with stringing and these long horizontal voids. I have tried using different filament brands and still have the same problem with both pla and petg. I have changed nozzles too. Any idea what the cause is?

Posted : 15/06/2021 10:28 pm
Illustrious Member
RE: What is this printing problem called?

That's under extrusion along with stringing. 

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan...
Posted : 16/06/2021 1:55 am
Active Member
RE: What is this printing problem called?

Maybe you should reduce retraction length from 3.2mm to 2.0mm and slice it again. Let see how it looks... i'm not sure this will solved your problem... but you can try it... i have similar issue with 3.2mm but my problem is solved with 2.0mm retraction length. Hope this will works for you too...

This post was modified 2 months ago by sandysasmita
Posted : 17/06/2021 7:09 pm