Notifications
Clear all

Problems with gap fill under extrusion possible early nozzle pressure release  

RSS
Wurke 3D
(@wurke-3d)
Eminent Member
Problems with gap fill under extrusion possible early nozzle pressure release

When the option for 'Detect thin walls' is enabled under printer settings, Prusaslicer tries to slice these 2mm walls in 3 extrusion lines (0.4mm nozzle).  Obviously the wall should ideally be divisible by the extrusion width for best results.

It prints the outer perimeters and then one gap fill line down the middle, however when the gap fill line gets toward the end it begins to under extrude and so you can see the line width isn't enough resulting in the gaps on the bottom right corner and the inner top right corner.

I know Cura has a setting for this and you can adjust at what point to ease off the nozzle pressure but i can't find any settings for that in Prusaslicer.

As it is this is best resolved by ramming two extrusion widths into the gap by unchecking 'detect thin walls'.  This is not how this feature is meant to work surely and i wondered if there was any advice here.

Thanks, Ben

Posted : 27/11/2020 11:11 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Problems with gap fill under extrusion possible early nozzle pressure release

Can you post a photo of the underside of that corner?  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/11/2020 4:46 pm
Wurke 3D
(@wurke-3d)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Problems with gap fill under extrusion possible early nozzle pressure release

@cwbullet

The first layer is literally perfect like it’s been injection moulded. But I’ve nailed that by getting the z height right and the first layer uses hilbert pattern to really fill in.

Posted : 27/11/2020 7:07 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

I would increase your extrusion multiplier.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/11/2020 7:10 pm
Share: