Printing default Nuts and Bolts with Fusion 360 and Prusa Slicer: Bolt&Nuts stuckst

Notifications
Clear all

Printing default Nuts and Bolts with Fusion 360 and Prusa Slicer: Bolt&Nuts stuckst  

RSS
aleksandard
(@aleksandard)

hello,

i need a little bit help. i want to print a default m10 bolt and nuts. my problem is that the bolt stucks in the nuts an don't go through it....

i use fusion 360 to get a default m10 bolt and nuts. to you have any idea? do i have to resize the bolt manually or is it possible to simulate it after slicing because the fusion 360 simulation works fine.

thank you

Posted : 24/04/2020 9:37 am
Robeena Shepherd
(@robeena-shepherd)
Estimable Member
RE: Printing default Nuts and Bolts with Fusion 360 and Prusa Slicer: Bolt&Nuts stuckst

Fusion 360 doesn't allow for the tolerances of your printer. 🙁

There are some nice Tolerance Test models, but read the comments as some of them are broken. If you want to skip these, I find a tolerance of 0.20mm is a good balance between tight but not too tight. In tests I have managed 0.15mm, but 0.1mm I find is just mostly stuck. 🙂

This is my favourite "Learn Fusion 360 things" channel which has a video about just this thing:

Good luck!

Posted : 29/04/2020 9:15 pm
Share: