Notifications
Clear all

Printing 608z bearings  

RSS
Eric
 Eric
(@eric-14)
Printing 608z bearings

I am attempting to print bearings for more spool holders. I am using this stl from thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4310936/files
When I go to print it, some of the "ball bearings" get picked up by the nozzle after it lays them down. This has mostly occurred only on the first layer, but recently pulled up 2 of them in separate rings (I'm printing 4 at once). I am using stock settings for Hatchbox PLA with an XY compensation of -0.05. 

I recently had a big glob of filament end up on my hotend for which I spent a day removing all the pieces and cleaning to the best of my ability.
Could it be a dirty nozzle causing this issue or my print settings?

Thanks in advanced.

Posted : 28/10/2020 5:24 pm
rockytoptim
(@rockytoptim)
Trusted Member
RE: Printing 608z bearings

Picture of first layer would help diagnose issues. I would say your z offset might be to close to bed so nozzle is digging into the plastic it lays down.  Then it sticks to the nozzle and pulls it up.  Also which bed are you printing on the smooth or textured.  I know the textured sheets it harder to get small parts to stick. I use a bit of glue stick when using textured sheet and small parts

Posted : 10/11/2020 5:43 am
Eric
 Eric
(@eric-14)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Printing 608z bearings

@rockytoptim

I contacted prusa support. It was a faulty temperature sensor in the PINDA.
It would make my z-offset either much more negative or more positive than I set it after each calibration.
It would sometimes even jump up after the first layer so a perfect first layer would be met with a second layer that extruded to high.
Oh well, its being fixed now.

Posted : 10/11/2020 12:40 pm
Share: