Clear all

[Solved] Z Height Offset keeps changing  

RSS
Tom
 Tom
(@tom-25)
Z Height Offset keeps changing

Hello,

First a short  thanks to the people of Prusa and the community. I have been having a lot of fun with my Prusa Mini since I got it a month or two ago.

I have noticed something that keeps me wondering though. Basically, for every print I have to tune the z-height offset.I noticed it first when my first print's first layer was good, but the second was rubbish.

It seems to be related to temperature. If I pre-heat my printer/nozzle for about 15 minutes, the z-height offset does not need adjusting that much. However, if I start "cold", I run the risk of having the nozzle touching the bed, and I need to adjust with up to 0.3mm

I am wondering if this is normal behaviour for a M.I.N.D.A. probe which does not have temperature compensation, or is it expected due to the printer's z-axis slowly expanding during heat up?

Best Answer by Tom:

I got myself the new superpinda from the mini+ upgrade kit: https://blog.prusaprinters.org/november2020_update_original_prusa_i3_mk3splus_miniplus_mini_kit_satin_steel_sheet_40870/#superpinda

And behold, I can consistenly print without messing with the Z-Offset all the time. Awesome 🙂

Posted : 20/10/2020 7:48 pm
Boom
 Boom
(@boom)
Eminent Member
RE: Z Height Offset keeps changing

I notice the same thing.  It will probably be fixed on the Mini MK2.  It is a flaw of the current Mini.

Posted : 21/10/2020 3:12 am
Voorhees Custom Mods
(@voorhees-custom-mods)

I am having the same issue in the opposite direction the z offset changes after every print.  I have to lower the Z after ever print it seems to creep up between the prints about 0.2mm every time.  I contacted support and they sent me a new minda sensor got it installed 2 days ago and still having same issue.  

Posted : 25/10/2020 10:11 pm
Tom
 Tom
(@tom-25)
Topic starter answered:

I got myself the new superpinda from the mini+ upgrade kit: https://blog.prusaprinters.org/november2020_update_original_prusa_i3_mk3splus_miniplus_mini_kit_satin_steel_sheet_40870/#superpinda

And behold, I can consistenly print without messing with the Z-Offset all the time. Awesome 🙂

Posted : 10/12/2020 8:58 pm
herbert liked
Share: