Notifications
Clear all

Wiring issues?  

RSS
notrealomg
(@notrealomg)
Wiring issues?

So after about a week of using the mini I started having a ton of mostly clogging & heat issues, it had to be babied through every print. It finally clogged bad enough I was taking apart the hot end & found the thermistor wires looked like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't all the wires be soldered together? Is this the source of my woes? Its certainly an interesting factory feature. 

This topic was modified 4 years ago by notrealomg
Posted : 11/07/2020 2:38 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member
RE: Wiring issues?

Definitely not right! I'd start a chat with support and send the the photos, thy should send replacements.

Posted : 11/07/2020 9:21 am
notrealomg
(@notrealomg)
Topic starter answered:

@gordon-w

Thanks! I finally heard back from them after I emailed them, and the answer was 'Both wires on the thermistor seem to be soldered so whatever issue you are having shouldn't be related to that. Unless you are getting a MINTEMP error, the issue is not related to the thermistor.' 🙄 

I've re-soldered it myself so all 3 wires in the bundles are connected & haven't had it bake/freeze filament in the hot end since. 

Posted : 19/07/2020 3:10 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@notrealomg

Glad you got it sorted 😀 . If you have problems in the future most people suggest talking to support on chat (from the eshop page on the website) you'll get a much quicker answer than email.

Posted : 19/07/2020 3:47 pm
Share: