Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Stringing, and looks like uneven walls on Mini  

RSS
MartinD
(@martind)
Estimable Member
Stringing, and looks like uneven walls on Mini

Hello, I have issue with Mini - extreme stringing and side walls are not straight. On photo a cube test for extrusion multiplier I did, (spiral vase cube 4cm size) but the walls looks horrible.

(tried to use multiplier setup measurement: https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/extrusion-multiplier-calibration_2257/ )

What should I do, I am out of options, tried everything, even cleaned up the extruder motor, and hotend.

Best Answer by MartinD:

Found the issue.

The extruder drive gear was not properly tightened, I had to tight nut, now everything is ok. 

Posted : 29/06/2020 7:16 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member
RE: Stringing, and looks like uneven walls on Mini

Hmmm it does not look OK indeed. It looks like those layers are not attached to each other. What material, temperature and layer height do you use? 

Posted : 29/06/2020 7:55 pm
MartinD
(@martind)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @crawlerin

Hmmm it does not look OK indeed. It looks like those layers are not attached to each other. What material, temperature and layer height do you use? 

I am using Plasty Plasty Mladec filament, should have the same properties like Prusa filament. PLA Temperature 215/60, 0.2mm layer. (default settings for the Prusament PLA, changed only 0.2 elephant foot compensation)

Posted : 29/06/2020 8:02 pm
LuL3D
(@lul3d)

@martin-d17

Check the grub screws on the belt drive gears on the X and Y axis motors. 

Posted : 29/06/2020 8:17 pm
mark
 mark
(@mark-3)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @martin-d17
Posted by: @crawlerin

I am using Plasty Plasty Mladec filament, should have the same properties like Prusa filament. PLA Temperature 215/60, 0.2mm layer. (default settings for the Prusament PLA, changed only 0.2 elephant foot compensation)

I can't find the dimensional tolerance on that filament. The Mini is not really so happy with 1.75 +/-.05 mm filament. I use 1.75 +/- .03 mm at worst and take measurements with calipers to see it is actually within tolerance. I don't have any suggestions as I've never seen mine do anything like your picture.

Vase mode with +/- .03 PETG is virtually perfect. There are no retractions to deal with, which is another place where the Mini is worse than many others.

Regards,

Mark

Posted : 29/06/2020 9:24 pm
MartinD
(@martind)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

Found the issue.

The extruder drive gear was not properly tightened, I had to tight nut, now everything is ok. 

Posted : 03/07/2020 7:16 pm
Share: