Notifications
Clear all

Prusa slicer crashing on MacBook Air 2018  

RSS
Oliver Kennett
(@oliver-kennett)
Prusa slicer crashing on MacBook Air 2018

Hi, so did post this issue a couple of days ago but with no response. I've got the latest version of Prusa Slicer and it keeps crashing out on me. It's super sluggish when it boots up and when I'm navigating about the interface with keys (Blind user so can't use mouse), it dies.

I'm using a screenreader on my Mac, VoiceOver, but I've never seen this behaviour in an application before. It's constantly hanging too. Very frustrating as I have my MK3S on the way and if I can't get the Prusa own version of Slic3r working, then I'm going to have to go back to using the cloud engine of Sl3r on astroprint and calibrate by hand, which will be a massive pain and means I'll miss out on recent improvements to the slicing process. Please help. Even Cura is more stable and usable. Is my MacBook too slow? I've tried reinstalling several times too. 

In all, it's terrible for accessibility which, though I know isn't really a consideration in these small uptake pieces of software, it's a disappointment as Cura kinda works. 🙁

Posted : 13/05/2020 4:32 pm
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member
RE: Prusa slicer crashing on MacBook Air 2018

Suggest you post this in the Slicer topic (In the software section) you could also open an issue on Github ( https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer ) where the developers are more likely to see it.

Posted : 14/05/2020 7:10 am
Oliver Kennett
(@oliver-kennett)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks, you're a star. Will hop over there and give them an ask. I thought I had posted this in software... The forum is a little hard to navigate and also lacks an obvious search facility.

Cheers, have a top day.

Posted : 14/05/2020 7:40 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@in-121

No problem, it does confuse; they have the same titles under each type of printer, then a separate section for software! I'd offer to help, but have no real experience on Macs, screen readers or slicers!

Stay well,

Gordon

Posted : 14/05/2020 10:36 am
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

Using PrusaSlicer on daily base. So far had no major issues on MB Air 2015, MBP 2014 and MBP 2019. The only time where it crashed, it was during object import. Sometimes it doesn't like broken/complex STLs.

Crashes during simple UI usage shouldn't happen at all and points more to some kind of deeper underlying issues with your system. If you're saying Cura is running more stable, means it crashes too?

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 14/05/2020 4:54 pm
Share: