Notifications
Clear all

Prusa Mini Drivers Win7  

RSS
Skreelink
(@skreelink)
Estimable Member
Prusa Mini Drivers Win7

I setup Octoprint on my laptop that happens to share the table with my Prusa Mini which is easier than moving my Pi, but have a single problem... Windows cannot find a driver for the mini. I've installed and reinstalled the latest Prusaslicer and installed the RAMBO driver package in the files (although I know that's technically for the MK3), but I cannot get it to install a driver and create a serial port, thus I cannot connect at all. The printer basically ignores it and acts like there's no USB plugged in. I've tested all the ports on my laptop, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and a plethora of cables. Am I missing something? Trying Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for the additional information.

I think I know, I don’t think I know. I don’t think I think I know, I don’t think I think.

Posted : 21/10/2020 7:29 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: Prusa Mini Drivers Win7
Posted by: @skreelink

I setup Octoprint on my laptop that happens to share the table with my Prusa Mini which is easier than moving my Pi, but have a single problem... Windows cannot find a driver for the mini. I've installed and reinstalled the latest Prusaslicer and installed the RAMBO driver package in the files (although I know that's technically for the MK3), but I cannot get it to install a driver and create a serial port, thus I cannot connect at all. The printer basically ignores it and acts like there's no USB plugged in. I've tested all the ports on my laptop, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and a plethora of cables. Am I missing something? Trying Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for the additional information.

Maybe this vcp driver could help:

Attachment removed

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 21/10/2020 8:31 pm
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

Just to check, you are connecting the laptop to the micro (or is it mini?) USB connector, not the 'full-size' one where the USB stick goes aren't you?

Posted : 22/10/2020 12:24 pm
Skreelink
(@skreelink)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

Yes, I'm connecting it to the microUSB port. I temporarily moved my Pi just to check to make sure it wasn't hardware related and Octoprint connected without issue. I'm going to be testing the STM32 drivers later today.

I think I know, I don’t think I know. I don’t think I think I know, I don’t think I think.

Posted : 22/10/2020 12:38 pm
Skreelink
(@skreelink)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

I hate double posting, but I can't edit my previous one. Anywho, installed the STM32 drivers and still nothing, even tried telling windows to use the included .inf file to no avail.

Posted : 22/10/2020 3:49 pm
nifl_dude
(@nifl_dude)

I can confirm that these drivers work for windows 8.1 x64. I forced installed them.

Posted : 09/01/2021 8:28 am
Jon
 Jon
(@jon)

Solution

In device manager find the prusa mini in other devices. Right click on it then select update driver software. Then select browse my computer for driver software. Choose let me pick from a list of device drivers. Under the manufacturer list choose standard port type then under the model list choose communication port. Proceed until the process finishes. If that doesn't work then try installing the STM32 Virtual COM Port Driver mentioned here and redo the steps but choose STMicroelectronics under manufacturer and then STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port under Model.

Posted : 03/01/2022 1:27 am
Share: