Immediately after successful print, Mini goes into mesh bed leveling procedure

Notifications
Clear all

Immediately after successful print, Mini goes into mesh bed leveling procedure  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
Malcolm
(@malcolm)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Immediately after successful print, Mini goes into mesh bed leveling procedure

Ah my mistake, I must have saved the 3mf before removing the G80, take it out if you wish

Posted : 06/08/2020 8:30 am
Zoltan
(@zoltan)
Member Moderator
RE: Immediately after successful print, Mini goes into mesh bed leveling procedure

Hi I am back with update 

seems we have few other reports with similar consequence, when user used custom code M92 - could be the suspect.

Developers working on it. Stay tuned !!!

even an old man can learn new things 🙂
Standard I3 mk3s, MMU2S, Prusa Enclosure, Fusion 360, PrusaSlicer, Windows 10
PRUSA MINI+ Prusalink + Prusa Connect

Posted : 06/08/2020 1:11 pm
ModelTrainNut
(@modeltrainnut)

I googled my way to this thread because I had the intermittent bed leveling end-of-gcode problem show up a half-dozen times starting this week as well. I 'XYZ span calibrated' my two-month-old stock FW 4.2.1 MINI by printing 100mm long flat test blocks and a 100mm z cylinder, and then added to the top of the 'start gcode' section.

A half-dozen small test prints (lego blocks) were fine when I only used M92 X & Y: 

M92 X100.4 Y100.6 ; calibrated with coffee pla 2020-10-05 

Then it messed up a half dozen times when I added Z:

M92 X100.4 Y100.6 Z100.8 ; calibrated with coffee pla 2020-10-05 

I tried a bunch of combinations and have now printed over a dozen blocks OK after splitting the axes and the comment onto separate lines:

M92 X100.4
M92 Y100.6
M92 Z400.8
; calibrated with coffee pla 2020-10-05

I'm wondering if my Z tuning value being greater than the default 400 is leaving the printer confused about where it is at the end? I had a car once that wouldn't shift properly at exactly 0 degrees Celcius outside but was fine above or below that. Or maybe it is the parsing of the inline comment and/or the three parameters plus comment on one line? And my daughter wrecked that car, so now both problems seem to be solved!

FWIW, my stock MK3 with latest firmware accepted:          M92 X100 Y100.2 Z399.2 ; calibration 2020-10-06         just fine.

Randy Burnet (LegoTrainNut)

Posted : 07/10/2020 6:36 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

As for the printer running past the end of gcode -- anyone try inserting an M112 as the last command?

Posted : 07/10/2020 6:43 pm
Zoltan
(@zoltan)
Member Moderator

@malcolm-2

still having this issue?

Posted : 08/12/2020 11:42 am
ModelTrainNut
(@modeltrainnut)

@zoltan

The problem has not reoccurred since I duplicated the M92 command onto a separate line for each axis.

Posted : 08/12/2020 2:20 pm
Malcolm
(@malcolm)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @zoltan

@malcolm-2

still having this issue?

I haven't tested on USB since noticing it doesn't happen with Octoprint

Posted : 08/12/2020 10:07 pm
aurru
(@aurru)
Posted by: @zoltan

@malcolm-2

still having this issue?

Not on my side either. Since I updated the firmware to 4.2.1 the issue disappeared 🙂

There is one thing that started happening at the time that I updated, the bed leveling sometimes won't move into the correct position in the X axis. It is not a big deal since restarting the print usually fixes it, more of an inconvenience.

Posted : 13/12/2020 4:41 pm
Zoltan
(@zoltan)
Member Moderator

Guys

I am happy to hear it. Good luck!

Posted : 13/12/2020 8:17 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: