Gears slipping during printing and hard to move by hand.

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Gears slipping during printing and hard to move by hand.  

RSS
Calin
(@calin)
Gears slipping during printing and hard to move by hand.

I've been using my mini for almost two months now with zero issues but all of a sudden the gears started slipping without making any changes. This happens during printing and it slips like 15% of the printing time. I changed the PTFE tube but the issue persisted...so I've checked the gears. I found out that it's very hard to move in one direction (toward extruder has a lot of friction and very hard to move by hand) but moves easily in the other way (unloading filament) so I took it apart and even with nothing to guide it's still hard to rotate the gears in one direction.

Anyone else experienced something similar to this? I really have no clue what is going on.

Posted : 08/07/2020 3:30 pm
Calin
(@calin)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Gears slipping during printing and hard to move by hand.

Thanks, everyone for your suggestions! (not really) 🤣 

After 3 days I finally managed to get to the bottom of it, it was the PTFE Tube installed by Prusa, quite a bit shorter than what was actually required. No idea how it worked so far but yeah changing it solved the issue.

Edit: I also have no clue why the motor gears are hard to move in one direction but as long as it works its all good.

Posted : 11/07/2020 12:28 pm
Share: