Notifications
Clear all

Extruder Clicking Grinder Shuddering  

RSS
Sayum
(@sayum)
Extruder Clicking Grinder Shuddering

My printer just starting making an awful noise, and then started blobbing PLA on the print. I immediately stopped the print. Ive unloaded the filament, and dissasembled the extruder to check for blockages, there were some small fragments of filament in there, so cleared that all out. Reassembled the extruder and the same noise, issue happens. Any advice? Is my extruder knackered?

Here is a video of the issue...

Posted : 28/10/2020 1:36 pm
Sayum
(@sayum)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Extruder Clicking Grinder Shuddering

Prusa support are helping me with this issue. Very attentive, so top marks for Support. However it looks like the extruder stepper motor is broken. 🙁 sad times.

Posted : 28/10/2020 5:17 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@samsamm777

that certainly sounds more like a severe gear damage. It would be best to replace the entire extruder.

But with the Prusachat you have the best support and hopefully you can continue working soon 👍 

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 28/10/2020 6:08 pm
Sayum
(@sayum)
Topic starter answered:

Received a replacement extruder stepper motor from Prusa, and now its all working again! 😀 

Posted : 05/11/2020 7:00 pm
remington liked
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@samsamm777

Thanks for the feedback and...

happy printing 👍 

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 05/11/2020 8:27 pm
Share: