Notifications
Clear all

Cannot flash initial firmware  

RSS
jeffbarr
(@jeffbarr)
Cannot flash initial firmware

I received my MINI today and assembled it this evening. I cannot get it to flash the initial firmware.

When I turn it on the LCD says "Hi, this is your Original Prusa MINI."

I insert the flash drive, reset the printer, and the LCD says "New firmware version 4.0.2-final+1977 is available." I select FLASH, wait 30 seconds, and the LCD goes from Waiting to Verify, and then it goes back to "Hi, ..."

I tried a second flash drive and nothing changed. Also tried firmware 4.0.1 and nothing changed.

Is there supposed to be another step between Waiting and Verify?

This topic was modified 4 years ago by jeffbarr
Posted : 13/02/2020 4:22 am
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member
RE: Cannot flash initial firmware

Click the knob. You need to confirm flashing. (It may be hard to recognize which one is active).

This post was modified 4 years ago by Crawlerin
Posted : 13/02/2020 11:45 pm
jeffbarr
(@jeffbarr)
Topic starter answered:

"Click the knob. You need to confirm flashing"

@crawlerin - I tried it both ways, and with 3 different versions of the firmware. Thanks for the suggestion, but I am still stuck.

What am I supposed to see after "Waiting"?

Posted : 14/02/2020 12:03 am
Martin L.
(@martinl)

Hello,

Please try to reset the MINI pushing that little in-built button next to the USB connector on the logic board. Then try to flash the firmware again from the flash drive. Let us know if that helped.

Martin L.
Official Prusa Research CS

Posted : 14/02/2020 2:22 pm
jeffbarr
(@jeffbarr)
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @martinl

Hello,

Please try to reset the MINI pushing that little in-built button next to the USB connector on the logic board. Then try to flash the firmware again from the flash drive. Let us know if that helped.

That did not help. The LCD goes from Waiting to Verifying, and then to Hi. I have tried 2 different flash drives and all of the available versions of the firmware, including the RC.

What should I try next?

Posted : 14/02/2020 7:11 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@jeffbarr

I just wanted to get the obvious out of the way, because it got me few times that I forgot to actually click Flash button.

You should see something like this: at around 0:30 is flashing procedure.

There's also a possibility that bootloader or board is somewhat broken, it should not be stuck in a loop, but normally flash, reboot and go to main menu.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Crawlerin
Posted : 15/02/2020 2:57 am
jeffbarr
(@jeffbarr)
Topic starter answered:

@crawlerin - Thanks a million for posting that video. I did not realize that I was supposed to click the rotating knob to initiate the flashing process. Problem solved!

Posted : 15/02/2020 5:03 pm
MileHigh3Der
(@milehigh3der)
Honorable Member

The USB drive that Prusa sent died within a few hours of use.  Won't be recognized by the printer or two computers.  Another throw away drive works fine for flashing to the 4.0.3.  Weird.

Posted : 22/02/2020 11:51 pm
Share: