Bed Temp not reached - ERR: MINTEMP  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
PHabermehl
(@phabermehl)
Eminent Member
RE: Bed Temp not reached - ERR: MINTEMP

@karl-herbert

considering that the rest of the printer is rather cold I would expect that the steam evaporating from the tea may condensate on parts that are not supposed to get wet. Especially the electronics.

Posted : 21/11/2020 10:45 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@phabermehl

The teacup should actually only serve as an exhilarating idea. In need the devil eats the devil fly.

😊 

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 22/11/2020 12:06 am
Zoltan
(@zoltan)
Member Moderator

Recently the minimal working temperature set for mini is 15°C for bed and nozzle as well. So should your termistor show more you should not have an issue to start printing but you could run to preheat error problem  if the printer mainly bed is too cold.

But the too cold environment can have also rather influence on printed model as the cooling air from fans will be much colder than under normal conditions.

even an old man can learn new things 🙂
Standard I3 mk3s, MMU2S, Prusa Enclosure, Fusion 360, PrusaSlicer, Windows 10
PRUSA MINI+ Prusalink + Prusa Connect

Posted : 04/12/2020 4:01 pm
Zoltan
(@zoltan)
Member Moderator

@mnschu

What is your ambient temperature?

But your problem is not directly the mintemp but the above mentioned preheat issue - too cold environment does not allow the printer to heat up to the desired temperature within predefined time period, start the print again this could help.

You will start preheat the bed from 45°C which should be sufficient to heat up to 60°C within required time.

Posted : 04/12/2020 4:07 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@phabermehl

Have you found a solution in the meantime? The ambient temperature around the printer can be easily manipulated with a small heating device.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 04/12/2020 5:52 pm
PHabermehl
(@phabermehl)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @karl-herbert

@phabermehl

Have you found a solution in the meantime? The ambient temperature around the printer can be easily manipulated with a small heating device.

Sorry for not having posted yet...

Yes, I found a solution. I built a recent snapshot of the fw myself. The mintemp is lowered to 10°C for the upcoming releases. I just did not want to wait and had the appendix broken anyway. Works nicely. As long as the temp is >10°C...

Thanks and kind regards

Peter

Posted : 04/12/2020 5:55 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@phabermehl

Also a simple and good possibility.
Then I wish you good success 👍 

Posted : 04/12/2020 7:56 pm
PHabermehl
(@phabermehl)
Eminent Member

@karl-herbert

Actually I took the chance and entered the PID adaptation values and E-steps, too. So I no longer need to take care for which of my Minis I slice. I just use the default Mini profile and the code prints identically on the original and the modded printer.

Kind regards

Peter

Posted : 04/12/2020 11:05 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@phabermehl

Did the flashing of the Mini Firmware work without any problems, or did you have to adapt or add anything else (except the manipulation of the board) besides the mentioned values (mintemp, esteps, pid values)?

Posted : 05/12/2020 12:35 am
Zoltan
(@zoltan)
Member Moderator

New release 4.3.0 RC1 on Github contains Mintemp lowered to 10°C

Posted : 14/12/2020 8:23 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: