PrusaSlicer and Artillery Sidewinder X1 bed profile

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
chip.zambrowicz
(@chip-zambrowicz)

Trying to print an object that is greater than 250mm tall (Z), but the software is telling me that the object is outside the print area.  The interface shows that the height is what is out of range, but it doesn't make sense as my 3D printer (Artillery Sidewinder X1 can print up to 400mm.

Is there a setting or code I have to change to enable my full print volume capabilities?

Thanks, Chip

Posted : 26/09/2020 2:41 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: PrusaSlicer and Artillery Sidewinder X1 bed profile
Posted by: @chip-zambrowicz

Trying to print an object that is greater than 250mm tall (Z), but the software is telling me that the object is outside the print area.  The interface shows that the height is what is out of range, but it doesn't make sense as my 3D printer (Artillery Sidewinder X1 can print up to 400mm.

Is there a setting or code I have to change to enable my full print volume capabilities?

Thanks, Chip

Did you define the printer dimensions correctly in your software (slicer software, Octoprint, etc....)?

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 26/09/2020 4:49 pm
chip.zambrowicz
(@chip-zambrowicz)
Topic starter answered:

@karl-herbert

Yes, as far as I can tell.  It has dimension settings for X and Y, but I did not see a place to set the Z axis??

Thanks

Posted : 27/09/2020 4:34 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Hi Chip,

Z axis Height is on the printer settings general page, "Maximum Print Height"

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 27/09/2020 6:55 am
chip.zambrowicz
(@chip-zambrowicz)
Topic starter answered:

@joantabb

Thank you so much, I missed this setting because I had the software configured for "SIMPLE" and had to change it to Expert to be able to see the general printer setting so I could change the Z maximum height!

Thanks and sorry I missed/overlooked that - that was very helpful!

Chip

Posted : 27/09/2020 1:28 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Cheers Chip, 

Glad to help!

Best wishes, 

Joan 

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 27/09/2020 5:37 pm
Share: