Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 95 / 241
  RSS
steve.f13
(@steve-f13)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@shrikestorm

Thanks for the description, I'll do the same when mine arrive.

Posted : 07/02/2020 7:53 pm
koelschlaeger
(@koelschlaeger)

Order *341916. Would have received my printer today but FedEx required a signature for delivery. I'm having it sent to a holding location but won't be able to pick it up until Monday.

Posted : 07/02/2020 8:24 pm
Rob
 Rob
(@rob-13)

Mine arrived this morning in San Francisco. Ordered October 13th at 10:34 AM PST, order *4184X. I think shipping was upgraded to FedEx Int Priority as it left Prague on Wednesday.

Order was 1x Mini orange, PEI + TXT sheets, filament sensor & prusament sample.

It's not listed in the community spreadsheet.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Rob
Posted : 07/02/2020 9:04 pm
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member

Mine arrived today also #4182X. Orange, both sheets, filament sensor and Galaxy Black Prusament.

Posted : 08/02/2020 1:57 am
ScoutStorm
(@scoutstorm)
Bioluminous

Well I thought I would add some more thoughts about my MINI that arrived last night. I've been printing all day today and am mostly happy. I started the day with a PLA sample on the smooth plate. Came out perfect with no issues. Switched to Prusament PETG and the textured plate. Got a jam and figured out where the extruder idler tension screw was (support does not seem to explicitly say which screw this is that I could find). Adjusted the tension like suggested on the MK3 by manually moving extruder motor under settings, slowly increasing screw tension until it grabs then tightened about one more revolution. The prints had some stringing, much more than on the MK3. And the printed vertical walls are not as smooth as on the MK3. This seems especially prevalent on the Y axis.

Overall the MINI is substantially more quiet running than the MK3. The MINI extruder clicks when retracting, but the print cooling fan and X and Y movements are maybe 50% less noisy than the MK3. Maybe this has something to do with the size of the MK3 and use of more metal parts on the frame. The MINI has thick plastic parts holding the frame together and that may absorb some resonance but may also introduce some minuscule flex that makes vertical walls not as smooth. I can definitely see third parties offering CNC machined upgrades for certain MINI parts.

I have a couple other MK3s, one with the MMU2, and I purchased them as a kit, not pre-built. While it was nice to have the MINI basically built already, I can see some disadvantages to this. Primarily, I don't know where everything is, how it goes together, if all of the screws are torqued correctly, etc. But at this price I can't see how it would be any lower for a completely unassembled kit. I am slightly tempted to pull it all apart and put it back together (don't judge - I am a serious tinkerer - it's how I roll).

Another note I'd like to make is that I sometimes had problems with PLA and even PETG (rarely) with sticking to the textured plate. I discovered that if I washed the plate with dish soap, hot water and a blue kitchen sponge (the kind you can use on Teflon, not the green abrasive kind) that all of my adhesion problems are gone. This was also true with the new MINI textured plate. It should be something to do when you first get your new printer - wash the plates first - so many problems alleviated with this.

Posted : 08/02/2020 3:43 am
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member

What is the easiest way to tell that a printer has the latest parts?

Posted : 08/02/2020 3:46 am
ScoutStorm
(@scoutstorm)
Bioluminous

@stevensmith

The parts will have a code printed on them. Parts printed at Prusa seem to be labeled with "F" then a number. Parts that they make available for us to print seem to show "R" then a number. I believe the latest version is 2 so most of the parts should show "F2". Though in my own case, there is at least one part that shows "F1" and the rest show "F2". The F1 part is a cable retainer at the hot end.

Posted : 08/02/2020 5:25 am
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

My Mini arrived this morning and it is Amazing!

Packaging was in good shape.

In the top of the box is a nice check-list.

Everything was very well packed.

A very well put together package.

Attaching the electronics and Z-Axis was easy to do.

Adding the feet and display was easy as well.

I finished connecting the cables, put the lid on the electronics box and I was done.

I plugged in the USB drive and began the firmware update.

Then I told it to print the included Benchy model.

During the initial first-layer calibration I had to lower the print head -0.810mm which was about 30 spins of the control knob.

Cool Gyroid infill.

And about two hours later...  it's done...

Perfect Benchy!

Amazing bottom layer.

Short video loop so you can see the quality.  

Printed in this filament that I bought from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Gradient-Rainbow-Multicolored-Printer-Filament/dp/B07VJ2RHKF

And now I've started a Baby Groot at max size.

I'll post a pic when it's done in 12 hours.

Hope this wasn't too long and boring.

All your filament are belong to us!

Posted : 08/02/2020 5:31 am
Prusatv, ScoutStorm, vbl and 3 people liked
GrimmWinters
(@grimmwinters)
Trusted Member

@frankincell

Not at all, keep it going! 🙂

Posted : 08/02/2020 8:20 am
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @shrikestorm

@stevensmith

The parts will have a code printed on them. Parts printed at Prusa seem to be labeled with "F" then a number. Parts that they make available for us to print seem to show "R" then a number. I believe the latest version is 2 so most of the parts should show "F2". Though in my own case, there is at least one part that shows "F1" and the rest show "F2". The F1 part is a cable retainer at the hot end.

Thanks. I seem to have a mix of new and old parts on the printer delivered today. My printer has most of the revised parts as shown on the github, but my orange x-end part is an R1 part.  Thankfully, the important parts (minda holder, fan holder) are the R2 parts.

Posted : 08/02/2020 8:57 am
Olef
 Olef
(@olef)
Prominent Member

@stevensmith

Part codes are only changed when a part is modified. So a fully up to date brand new printer will have a mix if R1, R2, F1 etc. The time to worry is if you still have an old version of a part that you know has been updated.

Re the X end part, I printed that and could not see any difference to the original one fitted. I believe the change was only to adjust the fit of the fixings.

Posted : 08/02/2020 9:04 am
MrElektro
(@mrelektro)

Good news for people who ordered on 14th. My order got "shipped" on Friday. I have a factory pick up so I'll go for it on Monday.

Posted : 08/02/2020 9:25 am
burtronix and sjrocky liked
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

Here is the latest from CHAT

he distribution started with a little delay in December but we also had a production adjustment pause as per the article https://blog.prusaprinters.org/2019-recap-plans-for-2020-and-original-prusa-mini-update/

the demand is very high so that we could only deplete all orders from day one (the 12th of October) and part of the orders from day two it may take some time since demand reached the highest peaks during the first week

shipping information and updates are visible at https://help.prusa3d.com/shippingtable

I'll give it some priority but your order is actually expected to ship later during the next week
Posted : 08/02/2020 2:09 pm
burtronix liked
MileHigh3Der
(@milehigh3der)
Honorable Member

How do you keep a 3d printing nerd in suspense?

Posted : 08/02/2020 3:29 pm
burtronix liked
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @milehigh3der

You don't ship him a 3D printer 🙂

Posted : 08/02/2020 3:30 pm
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @milehigh3der

I'll ask Prusa to write the answer on your packing slip. 😀 

Posted : 08/02/2020 3:52 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @k9bub

[...] it may take some time since demand reached the highest peaks during the first week

If they've already seen the peak, presumably orders are slowing down and they're starting to catch up. That's a good sign. 

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 08/02/2020 4:24 pm
Mike
 Mike
(@mike-31)

I have a question for the more experienced folks here. Something to discuss while you're waiting for your package to arrive.

This will be my first 3D printer.

I'm spending the winter with my in-laws and I ordered the Mini on October 15, expecting a November delivery, so I could play with it and share the learning experience with my 87 year old father-in-law. Well, as we all know, the November thing didn't happen.

My mini hasn't shipped yet, but may ship soon (?)

However, I will be taking the week-long drive back home in a month and I'm wondering how to handle getting the printer back home.

Do I let it be delivered here at my in-laws and:

1. Keep it in the un-opened box to travel back home

2. Open, inspect it for obvious broken bits, then pack it back up in the box for the drive home.

3. Open and assemble it. Play with it for a week or two, and then:

3a. Disassemble it and repack it in the original box for travel back home

3b. Travel with it still assembled in the car. Is this safe, or will it damage the printer?

or option 4: Contact Prusa and have them ship it directly to my house.  I can have someone pick it up for me at my house, so I'm not worried about porch pirates. I worry a little about losing my place in line. Also, it may be several weeks until I can inspect it in case there is damage. Will Prusa care about that?

-Mike

Posted : 08/02/2020 4:27 pm
Mike
 Mike
(@mike-31)

Sorry if my writing wasn’t clear. I should have asked which option (1,2,3a etc) should I choose. 

Posted : 08/02/2020 5:38 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@mike_mike

Option 2.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 08/02/2020 5:40 pm
Page 95 / 241