Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 79 / 241
  RSS
grytole
(@grytole)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @fyferoni

Also, on an unrelated note; if you're coming from another brand of printer to Prusa, what printer do you have currently? Curious if a lot of people are Prusa die-hards, or they're converting to the light from the darkness. I currently have an Anycubic i3 Mega. It's not great, and it breaks down constantly, but it's gotten me to the point where I can afford a Prusa. You?

My first and sole printer is a custom made vertical(xz) h-bot  🙂 

It gave me an understanding that I need a device that can provide me a ready object with a single button click without permanent tuning.

Posted : 30/01/2020 6:14 pm
vbl liked
bobc
 bobc
(@bobc)
Reputable Member

The spreadsheet has gone up by 4 today, so if the relation 1 line = 13 orders is true, then that suggests about 50 printers have been shipped.

Posted : 30/01/2020 8:11 pm
Sfyfe
(@sfyfe)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @grytole

Also, on an unrelated note; if you're coming from another brand of printer to Prusa, what printer do you have currently? Curious if a lot of people are Prusa die-hards, or they're converting to the light from the darkness. I currently have an Anycubic i3 Mega. It's not great, and it breaks down constantly, but it's gotten me to the point where I can afford a Prusa. You?

It gave me an understanding that I need a device that can provide me a ready object with a single button click without permanent tuning.

Interesting! Did you base it off a kit or did you develop it yourself?

Posted : 30/01/2020 8:18 pm
LittleNeutrino
(@littleneutrino)

@bobcousins

Mine is from the 14th and after their latest ship table update it stated mine should ship today (which it did not) so lets see what happens tomorrow lol.

Posted : 30/01/2020 8:43 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @littleneutrino

@bobcousins

Mine is from the 14th and after their latest ship table update it stated mine should ship today (which it did not) so lets see what happens tomorrow lol.

I have looked at the shipping table and it is confusing.  I think it actually indicates that orders from the 14th should start shipping today.  The table leaves to come interpretation.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 30/01/2020 9:08 pm
Skewed Perception
(@skewed-perception)
Trusted Member

Shipping table does not give specific days on when an order from another specific date ships. It gives ranges. Starting with the mentioned date and reaching until the start date from the following line. For Oct 14th orders it's Jan 29-Feb 10.

Posted : 30/01/2020 9:09 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @julianr

Shipping table does not give specific days on when an order from another specific date ships. It gives ranges. Starting with the mentioned date and reaching until the start date from the following line. For Oct 14th orders it's Jan 29-Feb 10.

That is the way I read it too.  The only date that I read is that the 13th should be complete by 31 Jan and the 14 October should start shipping.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 30/01/2020 9:11 pm
LittleNeutrino
(@littleneutrino)

@julianr

I understand that lol.

Posted : 30/01/2020 9:12 pm
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member

I have never owned a printer, but i worked at a printing farm a while ago. So far I used the Formlabs Form 2, some Series 1 Pro from Type A Machines, a Prusa i3 MK2S, an Ender 3 and a Lulzbot Mini. So far, my favorite has been the Lulzbot, but I'm curious how my Prusa MINI will hold up.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Andi
Posted : 30/01/2020 10:54 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @icephoenix

I have never owned a printer, but i worked at a printing farm a while ago. So far I used the Formlabs Form 2, some Series 1 Pro from Type A Machines, a Prusa i3 MK2S, an Ender 3 and a Lulzbot Mini. So far, my favorite has been the Lulzbot, but I'm curious how my Prusa MINI will hold up.

I own 3.  One has been printing nearly around the clock for 1.5 years.  It has been repaired twice and I have had 3-5 jams.  Each time they are back running in a few days.  I did have one PCB burn up on one my printers but that was my fault due to the screw being loose on the PSU connection.    

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 30/01/2020 11:15 pm
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member

Oct 13th order. No shipping notice today. Hoping for tomorrow! 
All good though since I ordered a MK3S kit shortly after my mini order. It arrived 3 days later and has been printing well since. Hoping the updated minis are in the same league as far as quality and reliability.

Posted : 31/01/2020 5:14 am
grytole
(@grytole)
Posted by: @grytole

Interesting! Did you base it off a kit or did you develop it yourself?

Did it myself. It was fun (during 9 months), but it was hell. This mechanical layout was so rare (and I believe still is) that I had to fix an unworking support of the XZs at Marlin.

Posted : 31/01/2020 5:58 am
TheGrantz3D
(@thegrantz3d)

Ordered mine a few days ago so I'll just have to keep printing on the MK3S until it arrives late spring.  Curious how the ethernet is going to work out with it.  Sounds like I'll be putting the Palette on the MK3S.

No problem can withstand the constant assault of persistent thinking - Voltaire

Posted : 31/01/2020 7:27 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @ralph

Ordered mine a few days ago so I'll just have to keep printing on the MK3S until it arrives late spring.  Curious how the ethernet is going to work out with it.  Sounds like I'll be putting the Palette on the MK3S.

I have looked at the MMU vs the palate a lot.  I have wondered how well it prints single colors vs multiple colors?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 31/01/2020 10:51 am
J-Plasted
(@j-plasted)

I took the plunge and changed my order to the MK3S, will be despatched today too with a roll of ultramarine blue PETG .

Should come early next week 

Posted : 31/01/2020 11:59 am
Markus
(@markus-4)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @j-plasted

I took the plunge and changed my order to the MK3S, will be despatched today too with a roll of ultramarine blue PETG .

Should come early next week 

Have you ordered the Kit or the built one?

Original Prusa MK3S KIT, MMU2S

Posted : 31/01/2020 12:06 pm
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member

@fyferoni

Coming from a Makergear M2. It's a beast and highly reliable! It’s a little dated now and missing features like bed leveling (although I rarely need to do that).  I'm adding the mini allow for more printing at a reasonable cost.

Posted : 31/01/2020 12:46 pm
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

Can those people reading this topic and having received a shipping notification please update the spreadsheet to give the community an idea of shipping progress?

I mean this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY/edit?usp=sharing

Best regards, Clemens Mödlin

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 31/01/2020 12:55 pm
J-Plasted
(@j-plasted)

@mwittm1

I bought the kit that needs assembly, will be better that way! Also cheaper :L 

Posted : 31/01/2020 1:51 pm
sjrocky
(@sjrocky)
Eminent Member

I have a home built mendel, a home built mendel90 (both I found on reprap.org), an Anet A8, a Tevo Tarantula, and a AdimLabs Gantry

Posted : 31/01/2020 1:54 pm
Page 79 / 241
Share: