(@greenhalos)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

It is here 🎉

Posted : 21/04/2021 9:45 am
Schnoidz and vbl liked
Pilot
(@pilot)

Thanks everyone for all the shipping updates on the Mini+ Kits.  I enjoyed reading them while waiting for my unit to ship.  Now it is time to post my shipping info:

• Ordered Jan. 4
  • Received shipping notice Apr. 19
  • Received Mini+ Kit Apr. 21 (Texas)

Amazing how we can ship items around the world in just a couple of days!

Posted : 21/04/2021 8:28 pm
itZzosku
(@itzzosku)

Mine was sent also during Monday and it is still stuck in Poland. DHL is saying it will arrive early next week to here Finland. I guess the distance is not the only thing that matters in shipping. 

Posted : 21/04/2021 10:25 pm
Björn Carlsson
(@bjorn-carlsson)

Christmas incoming!  🙂
It is also snowing outside...  😐

• Ordered a kit on 8:th of Jan.
  • Just got the shipping email.

Who cares about the weather?
I'll be in my tinker shop!  😀

Posted : 22/04/2021 9:00 am
Schnoidz liked
beerwema
(@beerwema)

Thanks to everyone who posted his/her shipping notification on this thread. It was really helpful for me to estimate when my unit might be shipping.

Now it's my turn to let you know that my unit (Mini+ Kit Black/Orange, with Filament Sensor, only Smooth Sheet, Prusament PLA sample), which I ordered on 8th of January, was shipped today, so I had to wait 14 weeks and 6 days. Now I have to see how long the shipping will take. I'm located in Germany and opted for shipping with Hermes. I will give you another update once my printer arrived.

Again, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. If you already received your printer, I wish you happy printing. If you are one of the people who are still waiting for their printer, I hope that your printer will ship in the near future.

Posted : 22/04/2021 9:31 am
Schnoidz liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@beerwema

I am glad yours shipped.  This is a great printer - enjoy.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 22/04/2021 9:40 am
Provemalone
(@provemalone)

How long is the average assembly for the Mini+ Kit. I received mine on Monday and started to build it on Tuesday but after ~3-4 Hours am not done with Section 2. YZ - Axis Assembly.

Posted : 22/04/2021 12:19 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

assembly is not a race, 
careful assembly may take longer, but it generally gives much better results. 
regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 22/04/2021 1:14 pm
Rafx liked
Fayoh
(@fayoh)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @pilot

Thanks everyone for all the shipping updates on the Mini+ Kits.  I enjoyed reading them while waiting for my unit to ship.  Now it is time to post my shipping info:

• Ordered Jan. 4
  • Received shipping notice Apr. 19
  • Received Mini+ Kit Apr. 21 (Texas)

Amazing how we can ship items around the world in just a couple of days!

That's amazingly quick!

Now, I didn't pay for express shipping. If you wait 15 weeks what's a few extra days of shipping, right? Well, I regret that now....

Anyway, got my notice on the 20th and today (23rd) it arrived to Sweden, to the import depot 20km from my house. Out dear local postal service expects it to take two business days to get to my place.

Knowing them, today doesn't count so I expect it to arrive Tuesday at the earliest. A fraction of the way to Texas but at least double the shipping time 😭

Then again, I don't have a lot of time to assemble it until Thursday anyway, so it might be easier not to have to look at it all weekend 😅

Posted : 23/04/2021 10:45 am
mrstoned
(@mrstoned)
Reputable Member

Printer is in sweden since last night, scheduled delivery for monday.

My bondtech-kit also shipped today so will arrive on monday as well.

Happy printing.

Prusa Mini+ kit. BondTech extruder. FW 5.1.2
Prusa MK3S+ kit. Stock. FW 3.11.0
Prusa MK3S+, used. Stock. FW 3.13.3

Posted : 23/04/2021 1:09 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@mrstoned

I would highly recommend you get the base printer working and you develop good skills before you even consider adding and modifications like the Bondtech.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 23/04/2021 2:13 pm
Fayoh and vbl liked
mrstoned
(@mrstoned)
Reputable Member

@cwbullet

May i ask your thoughts on not adding the extruder (not sure on the heatbreak but shippingcost made it sensible to add it as well) at buildtime?

The only thing i dislike (design-wise atleast beforehand) is the lack of manual feed thru the original printed extruder.

I even considered using one of my spare clone-titans instead, but those are not good at any flex.

I always load/swap filament by hand with the nozzle heated so i can "feel" if the nozzle it hot/stable enough.

I'm going to stick with the 0.4 nozzle at start tho. I have larger nozzle in the order as well.

Prusa Mini+ kit. BondTech extruder. FW 5.1.2
Prusa MK3S+ kit. Stock. FW 3.11.0
Prusa MK3S+, used. Stock. FW 3.13.3

Posted : 23/04/2021 2:57 pm
galvanization
(@galvanization)

Just placed my order the other day. Currently have an Ender 3 Pro that has cost me far too much time and money in upgrades. The plan was to wait until something new (outside of the Mini) came along. But I'm ready to move into the Prusaverse before I spend another dime on Ender upgrades/fixes, and the Mini+ should be a great 2nd printer to the XL or MK4 or whatever comes next. 

Posted : 23/04/2021 4:26 pm
gskbyte
(@gskbyte)

Thanks for your updates on the Mini+ Kits! Mine was confirmed a couple of days ago:

• Ordered on Jan. 6.
  • Shipping notice received on April 21.
  • Should arrive next Wednesday, April 28.

Posted : 23/04/2021 4:42 pm
beerwema
(@beerwema)
Posted by: @beerwema

Now it's my turn to let you know that my unit (Mini+ Kit Black/Orange, with Filament Sensor, only Smooth Sheet, Prusament PLA sample), which I ordered on 8th of January, was shipped today, so I had to wait 14 weeks and 6 days. Now I have to see how long the shipping will take. I'm located in Germany and opted for shipping with Hermes. I will give you another update once my printer arrived.

I didn't expect to write a second answer to this thread only three days later, but the printer already arrived yesterday. The printer was shipped on Thursday morning and arrived two days later on Saturday at noon. I didn't expect that it will only take two days for shipping so that was a pleasant surprise. Now I have to assemble it, but this will probably take some time since I have some other things to do as well, but I guess it's better to take the time and don't rush during the assembly.

Posted : 25/04/2021 9:31 am
Fayoh
(@fayoh)
Eminent Member

I am suddenly pleasantly surprised by the local post, my kit is ready for pickup a full day earlier than I thought it would be  🙂 Now to assemble and discover if it is all I hoped or all I feared, probably a bit of both 😉 

Before ordering the mini I had a firm idea of what I wanted in a printer, and it is pretty much the opposite of the mini 😀 It should be a core-XY cube style printer with an all metal direct drive extruder. Well, me and my brother have started building one of those. Not sure if it will ever get done though, so many design changes and restarts it hasn't even left the CAD drawings yet 🙂

The lone Z-axis still worries me a bit, it looks so wobbly. But it's hard to argue with the quality of prints that has been posted. Will have to use all my willpower not to fix what is not broken and not do too many "upgrades" before seeing that it would solve an actual problem. I mean, I love tinkering with the printer but this one was bought to get some actual printing done as a difference to the mess I have now.

Posted : 26/04/2021 9:11 am
Aix Galericulata
(@aix-galericulata)

Hello! Thanks everyone for sharing informations about dates, it helps alot with estimating.

I bought my Mini+ Kit on 7th January, still waiting for dispatch. I asked on chat about it, it should be send this or next week. I cannot wait to finally print something 😍 

I wonder why I'm still waiting, as some people's kits was already send 🤔 I have version with both steel sheets, without filament sensor, but I also ordered 3 spools of Prusament.

Posted : 26/04/2021 1:15 pm
Aruut
(@aruut)

Got my shipping notice today (Apr 26). Ordered the kit on Jan 10. Got the smooth surface plate only, with a filament sensor, and 1 roll of filament.

Getting excited about trying out those haribos 😛 and the printer too I guess..

Posted : 26/04/2021 10:06 pm
Schnoidz liked
Pawka
(@pawka)
Posted by: @aruut

Got my shipping notice today (Apr 26). Ordered the kit on Jan 10. Got the smooth surface plate only, with a filament sensor, and 1 roll of filament.

Getting excited about trying out those haribos 😛 and the printer too I guess..

Nice. It means I need to wait just one more week (ordered Jan 17th). Took longer than expected. Actually I've put my old printer for sale immediately after purchasing Prusa Mini but later decided to keep it just in case the Prusa delivery might not arrive soon. And only later realized the queue for kit is so long.

Posted : 27/04/2021 11:26 am
JordanK
(@jordank)
Eminent Member

I received my Mini+ Kit a few weeks ago and I'm having a blast.  Decided to order another one as a birthday gift for my father.  He is the one that got me interested in 3D printing and his Monoprice Select Mini is ready to be retired.  

So...I'm back to waiting again (for his printer).  Good news is that the order page shows that the wait time for the Mini+ Kit has dropped to 8-10 weeks.  Great news!

Enjoy everyone.  It's worth the wait.

Jordan

Posted : 28/04/2021 8:13 pm
Page 235 / 241
Share: