Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 228 / 241
  RSS
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@schnoidz right on, and id cover your order number there, dont know what or who may fiddle with it, but better safe than sorry

Orange Juice Please

Posted : 12/03/2021 2:59 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@cashew92ftw

I never 100% sure everything is right from Prusa, but I have o have faith.  They have never failed me to date.  They will deliver, it might just be late.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 12/03/2021 3:03 am
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@cwbullet have you reviewed the satin sheet yet? Defidently up your ally if you havent yet.

Orange Juice Please

Posted : 12/03/2021 3:04 am
Schnoidz liked
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member

@cashew92ftw

Thanks, I tried and it said it was too late for me to edit it.  I reported it though asking for it to be deleted...

Posted : 12/03/2021 3:06 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@cashew92ftw

I have.  I am not sure Prusa wants any more reviews on their website so keep an eye on my blog.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 12/03/2021 3:18 am
Ahrimaan
(@ahrimaan)
Eminent Member

I ordered a assemled one on 19.2 

it says shipping this week , now i See that Even previous orders are not shipped .

is ist realistic they ship mine this week?

Posted : 15/03/2021 8:51 pm
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member

@ahrimaan

I ordered my assembled Mini on Feb 24th and it shows that it could ship as early as March 22.  (I'm in Florida)

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/shipping-information_2297#

BTW - I hope you get your shipping email today or tomorrow!

This post was modified 3 years ago by Schnoidz
Posted : 15/03/2021 8:59 pm
Ahrimaan liked
Sebbev
(@sebbev)

Mini+ Shipped 😀, ordered on feb 13th.

Meanwhile i wait ill configure my ender 6 into the first *cough* prusa corexy

Posted : 15/03/2021 10:00 pm
Ahrimaan
(@ahrimaan)
Eminent Member

I should have ordered a clone :/

Unfortunately, it has been delayed by 1 week.

Posted : 16/03/2021 9:29 am
Urban
(@urban)
Posted by: @sebbev

So for 40€/50$US (price difference Kit-Preassebmled) you skip the row for 2 months. Nice job. 😮 Assuming it is pre-assembled version.

I ordered Mini+ Kit on 19.12.2020, still waiting for shipping (12 weeks and counting). You got yours shipped in 4 weeks. Interesting thing, that the company doesn't put more power to shorten the row for Kits and make the waiting list for Kits and pre-ass close to equal.

Off-topic: Can anyone also tell me why such price difference between € and $US, if 1 $US is less than 1€? Kit is 350$US=cca. 300€, selling at 379€, pre-ass is 400$US=340€, selling at 420€. Are EU customers compensating with price for non-EU continental customers for their import tax or what? I do not see clear logic behind that.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Urban

Prusa Mini+ Kit (Ordered: 19.12.2020 - Arrived: 19.3.2021)

Posted : 16/03/2021 12:37 pm
Sebbev
(@sebbev)
Posted by: @urban

So for 40€/50$US (price difference Kit-Preassebmled) you skip the row for 2 months. Nice job. 😮 Assuming it is pre-assembled version.

I ordered Mini+ Kit on 19.12.2020, still waiting for shipping (12 weeks and counting). You got yours shipped in 4 weeks. Interesting thing, that the company doesn't put more power to shorten the row for Kits and make the waiting list for Kits and pre-ass close to equal.

Off-topic: Can anyone also tell me why such price difference between € and $US, if 1 $US is less than 1€? Kit is 350$US=cca. 300€, selling at 379€, pre-ass is 400$US=340€, selling at 420€. Are EU customers compensating with price for non-EU continental customers for their import tax or what? I do not see clear logic behind that.

Hey Urban!

When i order electronics especially, i want them asap as they become obsolete over time. By the time a prusa kit arrives perhaps we’re at the half way cycle for version 2 of prusa mini etc, you get the idea. So paying 40bucks to get my printer faster and it not being ”old” by the time i get it is worth it for me. I thought the prusa ordering was perfectly clear with order delays so i dont see the reason for being upset, you’re getting exactly what you pay for.

Posted : 16/03/2021 2:40 pm
Lorx7 and Fayoh liked
JordanK
(@jordank)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @urban

I believe you pay $50 extra for the assembled version because you are paying someone(s) at Prusa to assemble it for you.  I'm guessing Prusa underestimated how popular the Kit would be and is overwhelmed by the demand for the Kit vs the pre-assembled.  I'm not complaining as I ordered mine as a hobby and don't mind waiting.  

Jordan

Posted : 16/03/2021 2:55 pm
Fayoh liked
Urban
(@urban)

So paying 40bucks to get my printer faster and it not being ”old” by the time i get it is worth it for me. I thought the prusa ordering was perfectly clear with order delays so i dont see the reason for being upset, you’re getting exactly what you pay for.

By any means I wasn't targeting that it is your 'fault'. Just to be clear. 😊 

And AFAIK when I was ordering it, there were no time tables for Kit version (not even a clear statement, that timetable is for pre-ass only). The explanation came few weeks ago and timetable wasn't out 'till the end of the pre-ordering. Also on page 225 you can read @kamenb's comment. I wasn't the only one driven away.

Whatever... I guess I will have to 'suffer' for a few more days/weeks. 🙄

@jordank

Clearly, you also pay for someone to assamble it. Agree. But you also get some other 'benefits'. Those 'benefits' are my main issue. While I was writing the first comment, I was also thinking that you need to make those workers busy too. It could be that. By equalising the row from Kits to pre-assys those hands would be without assebmly work for a few days or a week(s)...  😊 Like you, I also ordered it for hobby, but 12+ weeks is somehow a bit over a good taste.

Posted : 16/03/2021 6:17 pm
Sebbev
(@sebbev)

@urban

I agree with you that kit & pre assemb should have equal delays before shipping, perhaps prusa has some personell that only assembles prusa minis and they go would go workless as the kit version is in more demand? Or perhaps its just ”company being company trying to make money” kind of situation.

I was not aware there where no shipping tables earlier, this is my first prusa purchase so i have no history.

Posted : 16/03/2021 11:02 pm
Sebbev
(@sebbev)

Also urban, is the sales ratio known? Perhaps pre-assemb is only 5% - 25% of mini sales, then it wouldnt have a super big impact on the delivery dates. 
Since it’s markeded as a printfarm printer, some might order quite a bunch of the kit versions?

Posted : 16/03/2021 11:11 pm
Urban
(@urban)

@timo-3

Mine was sent out yesterday. 🤗 

@sebbev

It's also my 1st order from them. The thing about personell came to my mind, yeah. I mentioned it in a reply to @jordank. 🙂

Numbers about order ratio (Kits- Pre-ass) would be interesting, but I do not have an info. Numbers of produced printers/day would also be great. It would at least explain the situation a bit. On the other hand it just shows how popular this thing is. 

However, yesterday I got a notice about shipped package. I guess my banter was successful. 😀

Posted : 17/03/2021 10:28 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@urban

Congrats - you will love it. 

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/03/2021 10:28 am
mrstoned
(@mrstoned)
Reputable Member

My guess for the differences on pre-built and kit versions is that they have had a whole year to sort out procedures for the prebuilt one.

Consider the kit-version a "new" printer that still needs to be put into production, tested, new packaging (perhaps some from mk3-kit could be reused).

I wasn't around here when the mk3 was released.

While the kit was on preorder status, it was estimated shipping 8-10 weeks after release and at that time shipping was estimated to start jan/feb.

This will be my first prusa, and i opted for the kit so i know what i am building.

My (pre-production Tevo Nereus) is simple enough i figured it out with a lesson from the seller. Got i used.

My next printer was a delta, the QQs. The mini will replace this delta as most stuff in the controllbox are hotglued in place and i dont want to muck around in there. I would like to build a large delta sometime forward.

My next endevour will most likeley be a mk3 clone with a mmu on it. Or and idex. Still undescided.

Prusa Mini+ kit. BondTech extruder. FW 5.1.2
Prusa MK3S+ kit. Stock. FW 3.11.0
Prusa MK3S+, used. Stock. FW 3.13.3

Posted : 17/03/2021 12:09 pm
Ahrimaan
(@ahrimaan)
Eminent Member

Mine was shipped !! I am happy 

Posted : 17/03/2021 4:07 pm
Urban liked
Lorx7
(@lorx7)

Well boys im joining the party. I just order one on 3 17. It a mini+ and it my first 3d printer. How does the process work. Do they tell you when they are working on you order. Or just update you when shiiped.

Posted : 18/03/2021 6:10 am
Page 228 / 241
Share: