Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 222 / 241
  RSS
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@matt-14

That explains it, I'm on Mac so I can ignore that folder and in my case just remove it 🙂 that also explains the sensor reading 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 22/02/2021 5:21 pm
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @raymate

The probe seems to work OK, it has a red light around the top of it and thats doing things as it takes the probing measurements

The red light in the top of the MINDA probe goes on to indicate it has proximity-sensed metal below it. You should find this activates in concert with the MINDA probe value on the screen changing to 1, if you ever need to troubleshoot it.

Posted : 22/02/2021 5:25 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@raymate

I wouldn’t.  You never know when you might change computers.  I am a Mac user also.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 22/02/2021 6:12 pm
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member

@cwbullet

It's not going to make much of a difference. The first time a Windows PC sees the USB device connected, it's going to either update the folder if it's there or create it if it's not.

Posted : 22/02/2021 6:48 pm
Herr Olsen
(@herr-olsen)

Hi there!
I am a little bit confused if the estimated shipping table in the knowledge base under https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/shipping-information_2297also applies to the kit or only the pre-assembled version.
Do you know?
I ordered the Mini+ Kit late december - if I understood the table correctly it should be on its way anytime sonn now, right?

Posted : 22/02/2021 8:05 pm
Royce
(@royce)

Well my printer sat around for a day in Memphis before they realized it was there I guess.  After clearing customs, my tracker updated the large font to say noon today. Once noon came and went it updated to say before the end of the day. Now the history has finally picked up a 'left Memphis' notation and the large font has updated to noon tomorrow. We'll see how they do tomorrow. Hopefully they don't take my printer on a tour of the US. 

Posted : 22/02/2021 11:20 pm
CraigB
(@craigb)
Eminent Member

@royce

If it makes you feel better, mine said Noon today. Then was changed to end of day (still says that). But there's been no update on the tracker. It still says (from yesterday) 10:16 AM INDIANAPOLIS, IN Departed FedEx location.

No arrived in NY. No out for delivery.

This post was modified 3 years ago by CraigB
Posted : 22/02/2021 11:26 pm
Royce liked
Timo
 Timo
(@timo-3)
Posted by: @herr-olsen

Hi there!
I am a little bit confused if the estimated shipping table in the knowledge base under https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/shipping-information_2297also applies to the kit or only the pre-assembled version.
Do you know?
I ordered the Mini+ Kit late december - if I understood the table correctly it should be on its way anytime sonn now, right?

Yes, that is only for the pre-assembled version. If you order a kit right now the lead time would be 14-16 weeks instead of the 4 weeks in the table.

I ordered my kit on the 20th of december, still waiting for mine to ship.

Posted : 23/02/2021 8:41 am
CraigB
(@craigb)
Eminent Member

Just arrived.  Of course, now I have to wait a few hours before I can actually start assembling. 

Posted : 23/02/2021 5:03 pm
Royce
(@royce)

@craigb

Nice! Mine has been chilling at the in-town FedEx center since around 6PM yesterday. The large font on the tracker still says noon today, but seeing as the history indicates the printer  is not on truck and not out for delivery, I doubt I'll actually get it today. Seems like the printer has to sit around for day or so at each location before anyone notices it is there and sends it on to the next leg. 

Posted : 23/02/2021 5:12 pm
CraigB
(@craigb)
Eminent Member

Ok - I put it together. I think the trickiest part was getting all those cables in the right spot so I could screw down the lid.  Had to lower by nozzle quite a bit. Printing a benchy now as my first print. Fingers crossed!

Posted : 23/02/2021 7:42 pm
raymate and Royce liked
Bill Marcy
(@bill-marcy)

@craigb

Cable management is easily the most difficult part of the assembly.  They ought to include a single bag of Harbo's for completing that step.

Posted : 23/02/2021 7:46 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@bill-marcy

I concur.  Mine is rat next.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 23/02/2021 8:49 pm
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@craigb

I had to do the same, of course they will all be different but I had to dial in 1.640

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 23/02/2021 9:32 pm
CraigB liked
CraigB
(@craigb)
Eminent Member

Benchy came out amazing. In fact, I would say perfectly.

Posted : 23/02/2021 11:13 pm
raymate and Royce liked
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@craigb

Funny I just did the Benchy on mine, yes almost perfect just a little stringing in the wheel house windows, but then again I'm not using Prusament.

I did the nut and bolt buy they don't screw together without excessive force, so that I need to look into why they are not smooth. The sheep comes out really nice 🙂 The whistle is also great and works well.

This post was modified 3 years ago by raymate

Posted : 23/02/2021 11:45 pm
CraigB liked
Royce
(@royce)

When you guys get your packages, can you see "Mini" or "Prusa" or a silhouette of the printer or other product identification on the box as it is handed to you from the delivery driver? I'm getting concerned that my package was lost or worse, stolen.

I'm going on day 3 of my package package just sitting around in my local "sort facility". The tracker page has blown through four large font scheduled delivery times and now has returned to just "Pending". There is no indication in the history that they are loading it on to a truck this morning so I am doubtful it will come today either. Also, the automatic computer voice system and the live person I managed to get on the phone don't agree on the status. The live person was in India and it felt like her info was about 1 day behind the current status.

Posted : 24/02/2021 12:34 pm
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member

@royce

All of my deliveries from Prusa have been wrapped in black cling wrap with a delivery sticker on it. Other then taking off the cling wrap, or carefully reading the sender's address on the sticker, it shouldn't be obvious what's inside.

Posted : 24/02/2021 12:42 pm
Royce liked
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@royce

It will look like this... unless they have a 3D printing savvy person that is familiar with Prusa brand no one will know what it is. But only Prusa use black wrap. This is how mine looked and Sunday 

This post was modified 3 years ago by raymate

Posted : 24/02/2021 12:54 pm
Royce liked
Royce
(@royce)

Thanks guys! Well my package just picked up a new history entry. It gone from being at the "destination sort facility" at 6PM on Monday, to being at the "local FedEx facility" at just 6:30 this morning. So, yeah, like two seconds after I posted about my concern. 

Anyway the large font on the tracker now reads today at noon. So, fingers crossed!

Posted : 24/02/2021 1:07 pm
CraigB and raymate liked
Page 222 / 241
Share: