Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 221 / 241
  RSS
Fayoh
(@fayoh)
Eminent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@cwbullet

I'm hoping the mini will increase the wife approvance factor by having a better tinkering to printing ratio compared to my current printer 😅

Posted : 20/02/2021 1:14 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@fayoh

That will probably happen.  My wife went from toss this piece of crap in the garbage (ender-3) to let's start a retirement business.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 20/02/2021 1:47 pm
raymate liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@daniel-m-2

I am not sure that is entirely true.  I think they advertised that they would be releasing kits until after New Years'.  They did not say when.  They are just now starting to ship kits from that period of time.  It could still be that both kits and assembled are on the same footing.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 20/02/2021 2:28 pm
Zugare
(@zugare)

Ordered the kit the 25th and now regretting not getting an assembled one if the time delay is going to be this different.

Posted : 21/02/2021 1:03 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@zugare

I am not sure there is any proof that there is a delay.  I would have to see two printers order on the same day to the same location.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 21/02/2021 4:36 pm
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@cwbullet

I believe zugare is refering to the time to get an assembled mini vs a mini kit. I could potentially order a mini assembled, get it, and order another before id expect the kit to arrive. Which is quite a bit to wait for.

Orange Juice Please

Posted : 21/02/2021 5:23 pm
CraigB
(@craigb)
Eminent Member

Update: Printer cleared international shipment release in Indianapolis and FedEx says delivery by tomorrow Noon. 

I must admit, I am excited aaaaaan a little nervous given it's my first printer and I have fingers and toes crossed I can get everything up and running smoothly.

Posted : 22/02/2021 12:38 am
Bill Marcy
(@bill-marcy)

@craigb

Betcha a (small) bag of Haribo that you are printing within 30 minutes of opening the box. 

Posted : 22/02/2021 12:42 am
CraigB liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@bill-marcy

The Haribo was long gone when I started printing.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 22/02/2021 12:56 am
CraigB liked
Royce
(@royce)
Posted by: @craigb

Update: Printer cleared international shipment release in Indianapolis and FedEx says delivery by tomorrow Noon. 

I must admit, I am excited aaaaaan a little nervous given it's my first printer and I have fingers and toes crossed I can get everything up and running smoothly.

Indy!?!?! Man, my printer went to Memphis. I'm in Wisconsin, so Indy is much closer than Memphis. I wonder why mine went to Memphis? 

Anyway, my large font "Scheduled Delivery" section still says pending, but the date in the "facts" screen says tomorrow at noon in small font.

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Royce
Posted : 22/02/2021 1:08 am
CraigB liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@royce

Why ask why?  I had mine go from Czech to Atlanta to Tampa to Atlanta and to me.  No idea why it took the excusion into FL.  I live 30 minutes from Atlanta.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 22/02/2021 10:54 am
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

So mine arrived last night.

It got stuck in Ohio for 4 days. Prague -> Germany -> UK -> Ohio -> Toronto (Feb 12th to Feb 25)

Would have took me about 45 mins to put together but the second screw would not line up, so with doing the filament holder about 1h40m all in to first print.

So far so good, prints are great my first print was excellent (one of my models not any supplied stuff yet) the heater fan is noisy, I did make it quieter it seem to be brushing against the red covered cable. Pushed them back a little away from the fan and things got better. Just wished that was a better quality fan it seems a bit cheap. Hope its easy to swap out as its still a noisy fan really. The print cooling fan is very quiet.

Still testing. Unit shipped with firmware 4.2.1 and had 4.2.1 on USB stick, I actually replaced that with a Kingston straight away. The supplied stick had a folder on it called "System Volume Information" does anyone know whats that for and do I need it?, I copied it over to my Kingston just incase.

Took 4 calibrations to get it spot on. I see what people say the square is to small the print head is in the way to see what its done, it would be nice if they printed a few squares spread apart on the beed and paused between each one, so you have time and room to see it.

The 4.2.1 firmware does the calibration square at front of the bed. After the first attempt I jumped to 4.3.1 and that does the square at the back of the bed. This confused me for a minute thought something was bad. The new calibration graphic (4.3.1) helped me greatly to get the level 🙂

Buddy board is Rev 1.0.5

Interestingly if I look under Sensor info it shows the MINDA as 0, but its seems to calibrate and pass all diagnostic. Is that a bug or normal?

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by raymate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 22/02/2021 1:06 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@raymate

Weather?  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 22/02/2021 1:37 pm
raymate liked
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@cwbullet

Your right they keep saying stuck due to conditions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 22/02/2021 1:38 pm
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@raymate

Im curious about the minds probe status you see there. But im glad you recieved the printer in good condition anyway. Hopefully mine makes less stops on its way to the GTA. 🙂

Orange Juice Please

Posted : 22/02/2021 3:45 pm
raymate liked
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @raymate

The supplied stick had a folder on it called "System Volume Information" does anyone know whats that for and do I need it?, I copied it over to my Kingston just incase.

Interestingly if I look under Sensor info it shows the MINDA as 0, but its seems to calibrate and pass all diagnostic. Is that a bug or normal?

"System volume information" is a folder that sits in the root directory of every drive connected to a Windows PC, and is usually hidden. Windows uses it to store information about what's on the drive, such as the indexes used to speed up searches. It shouldn't be needed on the other USB stick - Windows makes that folder on all drives automatically and populates it as necessary, and if you use an OS that doesn't use those folders then it's not going to do anything anyway.

The values of 1 and 0 simply mean "on" and "off". If you run out of filament or unload it, the filament sensor value will go to 0. If you put a bit of metal under the MINDA sensor, the MINDA sensor value will go to 1.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Matt
Posted : 22/02/2021 3:54 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@cashew92ftw

Your printer probes your mind.  I must have missed that feature.    

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 22/02/2021 4:06 pm
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@cwbullet

Its a canadian exclusive XD

Orange Juice Please

Posted : 22/02/2021 4:08 pm
raymate liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@cashew92ftw

I deployed to Egypt with the Canadian Army.  You guys need it.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 22/02/2021 4:11 pm
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@cashew92ftw

The probe seems to work OK, it has a red light around the top of it and thats doing things as it takes the probing measurements, yes hopefully you have less hassle I used DHL so I ended up paying $93 CND for import and DHL fees

Posted : 22/02/2021 5:19 pm
Page 221 / 241
Share: