Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 213 / 241
  RSS
padigree
(@padigree)
Trusted Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@tasnibal

"Glückspilz" 😀 hope you enjoy it. Mine got "shipped" a day before yours, and stucks now anywhere in Prague (after I asked the support if it's normal that it's shipped and 5 days later no physical printer in tracking)

So I hope I'll receive the mini this year. Bondtech upgrades and filament felt a little bit lonely under the Christmas tree. 

It’s better to give than to receive. Especially advice.

Posted : 25/12/2020 9:23 pm
Okssmu
(@okssmu)

Hello everyone!

I just pre-ordered prusa mini + KIT, and its my first 3d printer. I m wondering is there any "must to do" upgrades, that's easy to upgrade while assembling the machine, like a heat break? 

Posted : 26/12/2020 8:24 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@okssmu

I would not upgrade anything until you try printing with it.  Anything you upgrade is going to complicate any discussions with online support.  Build it stock and get used to using it before you upgrade.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 26/12/2020 3:29 pm
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @cwbullet

@okssmu

I would not upgrade anything until you try printing with it.  Anything you upgrade is going to complicate any discussions with online support.  Build it stock and get used to using it before you upgrade.  

What he says, wait until you have used it for some time, in most cases no upgrades are needed. This way if you have issues warranty is not going to give you a hard time. If you mod it out of the box thats going to be tricky to deal with support people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 26/12/2020 3:36 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@okssmu

I agree with @cwbullet. First, I would test the Mini extensively in its original state. If everything runs properly, no upgrade is necessary (except the firmware).

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 26/12/2020 3:36 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

I have two printers that I modified too soon and it has only been a nightmare to get them to work.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 26/12/2020 3:56 pm
Okssmu
(@okssmu)

@cwbullet, @raymate, @karl-herbert

Thanks for replies! Its so confusing that everyone tells, thats a good printer and nevertheless youtube videos suggest some upgrades.

Prusa starts shipping on january or february so i have a plenty of time watch many youtube videos and practising modeling in fusion 😊 

Posted : 26/12/2020 8:42 pm
Bodgers
(@bodgers)

I ordered in the 3rd week of November but I got an email today saying that UK orders should be shipped out by the end of the year due to the Brexit situation.

One of the very few up sides of Brexit is that I might get my mini the earlier than scheduled!

Posted : 29/12/2020 12:51 pm
Ed
 Ed
(@ed-11)

Ordered the mini+ and extra roll of prusament on 17th December. Just received a text to say it will be delivered tomorrow! 

One of the upsides of the brexit at the moment 😉 

Posted : 30/12/2020 5:54 pm
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @ed-13

Ordered the mini+ and extra roll of prusament on 17th December. Just received a text to say it will be delivered tomorrow! 

How you manage that, that goes completely against the order page. I ordered on the 19th Dec so we shall see if I get an email in 2-3 days... amazing if I do, according to the page im looking almost March.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 30/12/2020 5:58 pm
Ed
 Ed
(@ed-11)

@raymate

It's because I'm based in the UK and Prusa is trying to fulfil all the orders before tomorrow!

Posted : 30/12/2020 6:04 pm
Bodgers
(@bodgers)

@raymate

According to the email I got all UK orders got shipped out before the Brexit deadline. All new UK orders are now not being accepted until it's known how the new exporting arrangements work. I wasn't expecting mine until later in January. 

Mine arrived by DHL today. First layer calibration procedure done, printed the test whistle and it is absolute perfection. Really happy with it, a lot less faffing around than my old Creality printer 🙂

This post was modified 3 years ago by Bodgers
Posted : 30/12/2020 6:15 pm
Bodgers
(@bodgers)
Posted by: @raymate

How you manage that, that goes completely against the order page. I ordered on the 19th Dec so we shall see if I get an email in 2-3 days... amazing if I do, according to the page im looking almost March.

Looks like you are in Canada, so you'll be on the normal schedule. 

Posted : 31/12/2020 12:15 am
woofer
(@woofer)

That's ridiculous. It's like they decided to completely pause their normal delivery schedule for orders that weren't going to make it for Christmas. I ordered mine on Oct 27th, for which shipments should have started last week. Those that ordered 1, 2, and 4 days before me had theirs shipped almost 2 weeks ago. And with the holiday Friday, it probably won't even ship it before the new year, i.e. 10 weeks later, despite advertising 7-8 weeks back when I ordered it. And to think that I anticipated playing with it during my week off for New Year's 😞.

Posted : 31/12/2020 1:01 am
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@raymate

It's because I'm based in the UK and Prusa is trying to fulfil all the orders before tomorrow!

Nice.... I should have put my UK address..... im a Brit living in Canada... lol

Sounds like its a good printer, congrats, this will be my first Prusa, did you get the "+" model ? 

This post was modified 3 years ago by raymate

Posted : 31/12/2020 1:05 am
Ed
 Ed
(@ed-11)

@raymate

This will be my first 3d printer and yes, I got the plus version. 

It will arrive anytime now!

Posted : 31/12/2020 9:48 am
raymate liked
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@raymate

This will be my first 3d printer and yes, I got the plus version. 

It will arrive anytime now!

If you can try and post a pic, another member got his and its using moulded parts rather than the 3D printed parts to im interested to see if they are switching to moulded parts, they look so much better.

Posted : 31/12/2020 4:00 pm
Ed
 Ed
(@ed-11)

I can confirm the new parts are moulded. Funnily I didn't realised it until you mentioned it. 

Posted : 31/12/2020 5:16 pm
mGoleta
(@mgoleta-2)
Eminent Member

I ordered the MINI with filament option on Oct. 26 from the U.S. and am still waiting.  My separate spare parts order from Dec. 20th arrived the 29th.

When I ordered the MINI I though it came as the 3 part assembly.  For the people that ordered the MIN and got the the MINI+, did you get the kit or the 3 part assembly?

Posted : 31/12/2020 7:53 pm
Skreelink
(@skreelink)
Estimable Member

@mgoleta-2

Currently the kit version is pre-order, so unless you specifically pre-ordered, yours will be the 3 part assembly.

I think I know, I don’t think I know. I don’t think I think I know, I don’t think I think.

Posted : 31/12/2020 7:58 pm
Page 213 / 241
Share: