Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 203 / 241
  RSS
Aaron C
(@aaron-c-2)
Eminent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

There's a lot of old orders still showing as pending

I guess some people don't come back and update once they have their printer?

Posted : 30/09/2020 10:43 am
Sayum
(@sayum)

@aaron-cornish

Yeah, it seems people dont care once they have their printer. We'd all like to see it up to date to have a better idea of delivery time.

Posted : 30/09/2020 10:56 am
rioniac
(@rioniac)

What is the REVISION column (Currently Column L) in the community google sheet and how is it determined? It seems that I am in the pool of people that are R4 (Order Date Aug-2 '20), however it feels like something that wouldn't be known until the printer is received?  Unless I'm misunderstanding what REVISION is referring to.

Another thought is that this may have been thrown off due to some USA contributors putting in the date incorrectly?  Sorry if this has already been addressed, at 203 pages now, it would be a bear to comb through it, and for some reason the search function is not working for me.

Posted : 30/09/2020 1:58 pm
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@sebastian-courtney

Revisions are based on https://github.com/prusa3d/Original-Prusa-MINI/releases so in theory parts made after the revision release date should be of that revision, but no one knows for sure how long it takes between a part being made and being included in a shipped printer. 

You are correct that the only way to tell for sure is looking at the printer when you get it. To make it slightly more complicated you need to look at a part that has been updated as they are the on;ly ones to get the new R number. So for example my printer is R4 but the parts are a mix of R1 to R4.

I used to do a lot of work to try and keep the sheet up to date, so when I got my printer in July I confirmed it was R4 and updated the sheet for future orders.

I also used to 'correct' the date format and re-sort the sheet to keep it in date order, but have to confess I've been too busy with printing and things to do it recently. 

Posted : 30/09/2020 2:36 pm
rioniac and Aaron C liked
d0ug
 d0ug
(@d0ug)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @d0ug

Ordered mine Jul 22 and it shipped Sep 22. Orange, both sheets, filament sensor and a spool of Galaxy Black. I would advise anyone ordering one to just pay the bit extra for DHL. I choose FedEx. My printer arrived in town Friday and has just bit sitting in the FedEx warehouse all weekend since apparently it was put on the "special handling" of the delivery to only deliver on weekdays. Had I done DHL I would have probably had the thing on Thur or Fri, since I have done several orders of Prusament while waiting and all those have arrived in 2-3 days by DHL. Screw FedEx, I wanted to be playing with the thing this weekend =)

An update to my post. Printer did arrive on Monday morning. It's probably spent more time printing than idle since then. Prints flawlessly. Better than my expectations. Only issue I have found with mine is the part cooling fan. Occasionally at the start of a print it makes a nose like a fan with a worn out bearing. I found taping the hub of the fan while it is spinning will stop that noise for the entirety of the print. I'll give it a couple days for the bearing to wear in, if it keeps doing that contact support for a replacement. Otherwise I am extremely happy with my mini sofar. =)

Posted : 30/09/2020 5:17 pm
Aaron C liked
Zeptran
(@zeptran)
I hope this helps some people to add my order to the list. 

Ordered mine on 8th August with the sensor and both sheets in orange shipping to Germany.
I added after the order was placed 2 spools if filament.
Shipping is with DPD.

Nothing so far on shipping or anything.

Last 4 digits of the order number are 0142.
If anyone could add my order to the spreadsheet that would be great, I will make an update once I hear from them.

Hopefully everyone is well at prusa, looking into the news there are a lot of new cases there....
Hope everyone stays safe out there
This post was modified 3 years ago by Zeptran
Posted : 01/10/2020 10:07 am
Aaron C
(@aaron-c-2)
Eminent Member

@paul2-6

Seems that their lead times on the shipping table are a little optimistic.

According to the shipping table, orders from first weeks in August should be shipping (From September 23rd and 28th). From what I can see in Spreadsheet only 2 orders have shipped so far from first week in August. The rest are pending. Of course, it is hard to know of the true picture if the spreadsheet is not updated by users.

Posted : 01/10/2020 10:13 am
Beil
 Beil
(@beil)

Ordered Aug 2. Just received shipping notice on Oct 1.

The original 7 week estimate would have been a ship date of Sept 20. I don’t mind the extra time beyond the estimate though...  It is what it is and it’s going to be a long pandemic winter indoors anyway. I also made sure to order when I had several distractions pending (summer activities outside, multiple birthdays, and a software launch) so the time felt quick.

I’ll update the spreadsheet in a moment.

New Prusa Mini owner (Oct 2020)
Modeling done in Vectorworks – Ask me if you’re curious
Victoria, BC, Canada

Posted : 01/10/2020 1:43 pm
Zeptran and Aaron C liked
Aaron C
(@aaron-c-2)
Eminent Member

@neilb

Fingers crossed they catch up. I ordered 3 weeks after you and according to the shipping table mine should be shipped next week

Not looking likely! So bored in lockdown, need my new hobby to arrive 🙂

Posted : 01/10/2020 1:49 pm
rioniac
(@rioniac)

Like @nelib we also ordered on Aug-2 and got the tracking number on Oct-1.  Still says "Shipping Pending" on fedex site though..

Posted : 01/10/2020 1:51 pm
Zeptran
(@zeptran)

@aaron-cornish

I contacted the Live support and they said my order is in the works and should ship in the beginning of the next week so i am hopefull that i will have it by the weekend.

Posted : 01/10/2020 3:17 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

Number 2 ordered.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 02/10/2020 4:25 pm
Kev
 Kev
(@kev)
Posted by: @charles-h13

Number 2 ordered.  

I can see why! Very happy with mine, it just works! Ideal for my product developments. I've got an old I3 style project build but I need a solid workhorse which I'm very glad the mini has turned out to be.

Posted : 02/10/2020 4:55 pm
lee3d
(@lee3d)

@charles-h13

The wait beginning again for you huh? 

Posted : 02/10/2020 6:29 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@lee3d

yup.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 02/10/2020 8:10 pm
lee3d
(@lee3d)

So are they falling behind in shipment or are they on schedule cant really tell honestly.

Posted : 03/10/2020 1:36 pm
Aaron C
(@aaron-c-2)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @lee3d

So are they falling behind in shipment or are they on schedule cant really tell honestly.

Not sure we have enough data to know really. Clearly though, some users who should have had their shipping notifications, based on the shipping table, are still waiting.

However, there are only a few people on the spreadsheet to confirm if that is the case for all users.

It might be that most users have received theirs on time, they just don't post on here.

So according to the table, mine should be shipping 'from' the 5th. So we shall see.

What is not a good sign is that a user a few posts back ordered 3 weeks before me, and was told that theirs would be delivered next week.

So perhaps there was a hold up for that order, that is now resolved, or mine is still 3 weeks away 🙂

Posted : 03/10/2020 2:10 pm
Mr.Shaky
(@mr-shaky)
Eminent Member

Found this post this past Wednesday and added my info to the spreadsheet.  I'm supposed to be in the 1 Oct shipping group, but no news yet...  😑 

Prusa MINI w/Bondtech IFS extruder, Slice Copperhead groovemount, bed-leveling mod

Posted : 03/10/2020 6:41 pm
Kev
 Kev
(@kev)
Posted by: @lee3d

It's hard to tell and does depend on your configuration and your location as they appear to be shipping in batches to countries etc but I would say they're around 2 weeks behind their shipping table. 

Mine was supposed to ship "from 31st August" it arrived on I think the 23rd September. I did order right at the end of my week window so I would have expected shipping to be around the 5th September rather than the 31st so taking that into account about two weeks behind. They may have caught up a bit since then though.
Posted : 03/10/2020 9:11 pm
Aaron C
(@aaron-c-2)
Eminent Member

They have just updated the shipping table.

They have moved my order window from the W/C 5th to W/C 12th October 🙁

Posted : 04/10/2020 9:02 am
Page 203 / 241
Share: